What's new

New Opus X

JVB

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How do these smoke ROTT? I grabbed a God's Whisper and a few DC Lanceros but will probably end up sitting on them for a while.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I only have one box so I am not lighting one up til they dry out. No point in wasting a rare stick. Now if I was Mike and had purchased 18 boxes then I would light away. :)

Kidrock

Smoking 50RG Less W/Farai
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Too bad these are selling for insane amount of scratch. I want to try one but after reading online what they are going for it is frustrating. I also work for an authorized Opus X distributor.

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
There's no reason to pay crazy prices for these. There will be another run, and then another.....and then another.

It's the Fuente way. But dammit if I don't love 'em.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'd love to try them, but I'm more interested in the Don Carlos Lancero. They were out at Casa Fuente when I was there and I have never had one.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Managed to snag 2 singles each of 4 different sizes for MSRP, so I'm happy. Gonna burn one sometime this weekend. If it isn't all I hope it will be, I'll just MU it, and burn a Thompson Special.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These and the DC lancero are at my local, but I choke every time I look at the prices.....they are not flying off the shelves because they just came, but still $25 for a cigar....it better have a happy ending....

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
There's no reason to pay crazy prices for these. There will be another run, and then another.....and then another.

It's the Fuente way. But dammit if I don't love 'em.
True on these. They are made for Fuente's 100th anniversary which falls sometime later this year so I'm guessing it was kind of a teaser/first release type thing. In any case, you should never pay more than retail for an Opus or any cigar for that matter at a shop. I personally will never revisit any shop that charges over MSRP. The thing about Opus, they're one of a few cigars I've seen where some retailers jack up the prices by a noticeable amount (Padron Anniversary's I've seen as well but never at an authorized retailer). The one thing you can do is just make sure the shop you go to is an authorized Opus retailer (can be authorized Fuente retailer but not an Opus). And know the neighborhood of the MSRP of the cigar(s) you're looking for-basically be a good consumer. Then you'll usually find them at MSRP. G1

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Expect to pay at least MSRP plus state tobacco taxes if you walk into a shop and buy them. There's only about three states with no tobacco tax.