What's new

New Pepin/Pete/TAT Blue Label?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Copied and pasted from another board. Anyone heard of these?

Pete mailed me some pre-release Tat Blue Labels.

I don't usually go for the barber pole style cigars, but these are very good and will be outstanding with a little more dry time.

They are Costa Rican SG (very dark) and Peruvian Shade Grown (very light in color, but thick wrapper) in a barber pole wrap format.

These are true perfectos with a taper to a perfect point at both ends and a reasonable 50 ring gauge in the middle. The 50 gauge quickly tapers to a 42 so it's a steep slope on this 5.5 inch vitola.

The filler is a new Nic blend called Habano sun crevo.

These will be sold in mini-cabs of 15 and the box will have shaved cedar clippings filling the voided space(s). The band is quite fancy compared to Pete's normal bands.

Supposedly, 1,000 boxes will be made and then never again. I'm not sure where you can pre-order - an announcement is expected tomorrow at noon EST.

I'll be asking one of you tat whores to sell me a couple when you get your boxes.:smokingbo

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
odd I just spoke with Pete yesterday and he didn't mention any thing like this to me. He did speak of a great value cigar he is releasing that is all long filler and rolled in Nicaragua in the Pepin factory. Honestly I don't think he would do a dos capa cigar of any sort.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
odd I just spoke with Pete yesterday and he didn't mention any thing like this to me. He did speak of a great value cigar he is releasing that is all long filler and rolled in Nicaragua in the Pepin factory. Honestly I don't think he would do a dos capa cigar of any sort.
I was thinking the same, but you never know.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Okay where's the rumor clarification when you need it? Pete.......hahha

So did you guys hear that there is going to be a funnel shaped cigar that is connected with strings so everyone can play telephone with a partner? That way you can talk into the cigar before smoking it and part of the message can be lost in translation or the person on the other end can add in some speculation. Then he passes the message off to the next guy and so on, then someone puts it on a board for us all to share? lol

Not saying this is a lie but you have to admit how construed some things get after you hear the truth from the actual source.

Last edited:

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
This was taken off another board, which Pete talked about a new value priced cigar. And the description of the cigars above, do not sound like Pete's flavor profile either.

"I am also coming out with two robustos and two toros for around $4.50 -$4.75 per. Two wrapper choices on both. The brand is called Ambos Mundos which means Both Worlds. Jaime and I sorted through some lower classified bails of leaf and came up with a great long fill blend that more people could afford. "

Last edited:

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
WTF. This guy has gotta rest. And so does my wallet. You know I gotta have em. Already doing my recon. Son of bitch-Shit. I want 2 boxes if someone can shake out a local.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Honestly I don't think he would do a dos capa cigar of any sort.
I didn't think he would stoop to that level either. The whole Tatuaje line seems to be more of a classic twist on Cuban cigars and I can't think of any time I've seen an old catalog or reference to a dos capa cigar from Cuba as a regular release.

I think someones just yanking your chain...playing on tatuaje's releases of late. Quite a few low number lines being released is bound to create a stir somewhere.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I didn't think he would stoop to that level either. The whole Tatuaje line seems to be more of a classic twist on Cuban cigars and I can't think of any time I've seen an old catalog or reference to a dos capa cigar from Cuba as a regular release.

I think someones just yanking your chain...playing on tatuaje's releases of late. Quite a few low number lines being released is bound to create a stir somewhere.
Yes to Ambos Mundos for early next year. A great value cigar.

And a big NO to the Tatuaje Blue Label. Norton on CF likes to have fun sometimes with the guys on the boards.......

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Dave you are a fargin icehole. Playing with my emotions is a bad thing. You somanabitch.:rofl: