What's new

New Skull & Bones!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I don't think it's possible with the set-up of any online ordering system to have it work that way. Otherwise someone could put them in their cart, leave the computer for a week, and never complete the purchase. Then the retailer is stuck. A drastic example, but illustrates the point.
i've seen several online retailers do this (not cigar retailers though). once you add to cart and start checkout, there is a timer which shows that you will lose the item after the allotted time. usually give you about 2-5 minutes.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i've seen several online retailers do this (not cigar retailers though). once you add to cart and start checkout, there is a timer which shows that you will lose the item after the allotted time. usually give you about 2-5 minutes.
Ticketmaster works like this with a timer that lets you know how long you have to finish a page, usually anywhere from 2.5-7 minutes depending on how much info needs to be typed in. The company I get most of my game worn jerseys also has a 10 minute "timer" on anything in the cart to avoid tire kickers especially during a sale. G1

ericdriscoll

CRA Ambassador #175966
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Ticketmaster works like this with a timer that lets you know how long you have to finish a page, usually anywhere from 2.5-7 minutes depending on how much info needs to be typed in. The company I get most of my game worn jerseys also has a 10 minute "timer" on anything in the cart to avoid tire kickers especially during a sale. G1
Goalee is right on. I would suggest that to any online retailer with a quick selling item. Seems fair and less would be customers would gripe.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think part of the problem with getting sniped at checkout is because they only had 150 sticks to sell, so the system may have had a hard timeout when they had reached the quota. And it is not like they can just order more, because this was a limited edition run, so when they were gone, they were gone regardless of whether or not they were in your cart. I am just grateful that he was able to put them up in the first place.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
So what is the size on these(unless I missed it somewhere)?

And btw, Dan is a great dude! The shopping cart "is what it is" at NHC, I got hosed during the Drac hunt last year several times, but it's more a nature of the beast kind of thing, a lot of people are adding to the cart, so it goes by completed transactions. 99.5% of the time the cart there works fine, just too many hits at one time during LE releases like that. As someone recently said,
"My brothas here have always made sure I'm taken care of and I don't expect that to change."