What's new

New to botl from Indiana

Damoba

Dan, Dan the Cigar Man
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw this thread so I figured I'd put in my two cents. So, this is a pic of my great grandfathers Mossberg 185D 20ga that I inherited. I named it the "Farmer's Special". I believe its like a 1946 or 7 original model with org. Mag. I also have a Kahr 45 single stack acp, that I use as carry weapon. Most people are like "why 45", "why no safety" or "why a pistol w only six plus one", but once you and your wife have been mugged at gun point like we have, you understand what goes on inside you your locked up body when in that moment. Thanks I'll have to read everybody's post. Happy smokin.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Welcome to the site!

I feel you on the 6+1. I carry a 7+1 .45, with two extra mags. I figure if 22 .45 rounds don't take down what I'm shooting at, then I need to run, because the Incredible Hulk is after me!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old 12ga I inherited - detachable mag, bolt action, and made by Sears (I think, haven't had it out in a while).

And nothing wrong with "low capacity" mags.. Just seeing a gun is probably enough to dissuade most bad guys. While not "ideal", I have a little Walther P22 that I would feel comfortable carrying around on occasion just due to the fact I can shoot it so well. I can't think of anyone that would like .22s to the face. Too much "bigger is better" ideas with carry weapons, it's all in your ability to use them effectively.

Nice gun by the way.. Looks like it's in great shape for its age.

Last edited: