What's new

New to cigars, but I like them stronger and nuttier!

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself, I'm quite new to cigars, started pretty much last year. I've enjoyed all the reading material on the forum so I thought I'd join in as well.

As for my smoke experience, I've been working through some samplers from CI and have concluded that I much prefer the full body smokes to anything mild. My current favorite is the Alec Bradley sun grown Toro. Does anyone know of something similar? It was very rich, with hints of nuts and maybe a smidgen of coffee. I am literally open to any cigar suggestions, so tell me your favorites!

As a side note, I was not super impressed by the 5 vegas gold, tasted quite bland.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, can't wait to meet everyone, and I'm looking forward to the fun journey down this seemingly endless rabbit hole.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
U want strong try a Tatuaje Fausto.
or Cain F Lancero (or others, but the lance is the best imo)
Edit: many Tatuaje cigars are on that end of the spectrum, and I've not had a bad tat.

I'm not a fan of full flavored full strength smokes, so cant help much beyond that

Welcome to botl.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Welcome from Chicago!

Whhen I want an ass-kicking, I head straight to the LFD Ligero! Or the scrumptious Triple Maduro from Comacho. But I much prefer the LFD line

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Of the cigars you've named I wouldn't say we're near full strength. So I dunno if you really know what a full strength smoke is. Something good with a nice kick would be a tatuaje belle encore reserva. Welcome to the boards brother.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Of the cigars you've named I wouldn't say we're near full strength. So I dunno if you really know what a full strength smoke is. Something good with a nice kick would be a tatuaje belle encore reserva. Welcome to the boards brother.
You might be right! I'll find a stick to put me in my place ;)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Welcome!

Based on the flavors you described, I wouldn't call your flavor profile "strong", the AB Sungrown (IMHO) really fits more into the medium-full category. The really strong stuff being described above is much bolder, more ligero, and may not be the rich nutty flavor you're enjoying now.

I would maybe check out the Fuente 858 sungrown, it's going to have a nice spice and richness to it. I'd also recommend looking into some corojo-wrapped stuff. Check out Warped's La Hacienda, Crowned Heads Four Kicks, and Caldwell Long Live the King.