What's new

New wine cooler!

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
When I used it, a couple of Bovedas kept them perfectly stable. Nowhere for the humidity to go. Temp control turns on, the tupperdore acts as a barrier against moving air, and the humidity inside the tupperdores doesn't change.

EDIT: As a bonus, it won't matter that you're running a compressor because the ambient rh outside the Tupperware's doesn't matter.

(I don't use the big unit anymore as I downsized considerably.)

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
When I used it, a couple of Bovedas kept them perfectly stable. Nowhere for the humidity to go. Temp control turns on, the tupperdore acts as a barrier against moving air, and the humidity inside the tupperdores doesn't change.

EDIT: As a bonus, it won't matter that you're running a compressor because the ambient rh outside the Tupperware's doesn't matter.

(I don't use the big unit anymore as I downsized considerably.)
I may go your route. KL got dried up and I forgot to spray water. My son lowered temp to 60F so it dried quicker. I've increased it to 68F now.

I've added my 2 HF beads, 7 boveda packs and 2 containers with KL. I've been spritzing them with water to see if I can get 65-68% RH stable.

I also bought molecular sieves just in case.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Temperature is 69F stable both on top and bottom. RH is not stable at all...it dries out pretty quickly. I want to add fans inside the unit but the drain hole is very small and the cables for this one or this one won't go through it. Drain hole isn't plugged but RH in my house is 80% or more (humid country!). Not sure what to do.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
@StogieNinja and I both suggested you use the weather sealed containers if your unit uses a compressor for cooling. I have a New Aire thermoelectric cigar cooler and two repurposed refrigerators with the weather sealed containers. I have very good humidity and temperature control in all three units.

If you are using the containers and are still having humidity control issues you need to be more patient and give the cigars time to acclimate20240622_170342.jpg

You can see the Boveda packs in the Sterlite boxes
20240622_170237.jpg

20240622_170309.jpg

They come in a variety of sizes. If you can't find these in the size you need you can 1 gallon plastic bags with Bovedas in standard tupperware.

Sterilite-Plastic-Storage-Container-12-Qt-Gasket-Box.jpg
NewAire thermoelectric - boxes not required

20240622_170322.jpg