What's new

New Wine Coolerdor

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks Rutkus I think I'll check it out. Spanish Cedar is actually cheap 3 shelfs for $21.00 I just put them in for the smell. It helps to remove the new smell. Just put my humidors in there for now seems to work perfect I will remove the humidors when I start to get boxes of cigars.

Rutkus

Newb Puke
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
i hear you, but a quick wipdown with some soapy water gets rid of the smell. it was completely gone the 2nd day after i filled it and did not affect the taste of my cigars one bit. of course assuming you are storing in boxes as I am. if spanish cedar is that cheap where you are at then cool, but for ventilation purposes, the "grill" that is on the closet shelving is awesome. its up to you naturally, you'll be happy either way. i may take a pic of my setup and post it if i get the chance.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I wiped down with baking soda 3x helped a bunch let it air 24hrs open. Off to Home Depot to check out the shelving will buy some I like the ventilation idea. I will use the Cedar for the back wall just to get the aroma. I'm not using boxes yet I don't have any but using my 3 humidors now and will switch to boxes as they are bought. Thanks This thing rocks for anyone in a arid/hot climate.

Rutkus

Newb Puke
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
before putting the cedar in the back wall consider this... the cooling unit on mine is on the back wall, SO...due do condensation, all the water in the air collects on that back wall.

i keep my boxes a couple of cm away from that back wall to prevent my boxes from getting soaked. the aroma you seek will come naturally, i promise. i was out to line mine with spanish cedar but i'm glad i didn't, its too much of a hassle and the aroma is there because of the boxes i store them in. i even had a leftover tray from one of my smaller humidors that has cedar on it that i store some singles in. post an iso thread for empty boxes and i'm sure people will have some to unload.