What's new

Newair CC-100 wineador upgrade

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm still pretty new to this cigar hobby/lifestyle but I'm already needing to upgrade:woot: I've been able to keep constant humidity in my tupperdor with no issue but I've been worried about the temp. I just can't get the tupperdor down to a temp that I feel I won't have to worry about anything. That gave me a good excuse to upgrade to the CC-100. I didn't feel I needed to upgrade to anything bigger yet because I won't be anywhere close to filling it up and it will keep me in check with my purchases. I'm sure eventually I will upgrade but I'm TRYING to take baby steps (which is very hard in this game)
Anyway I have a couple of questions for those with similar models....
Are you able to keep your RH consistent throughout from top to bottom? This is still a fairly new unit but the bottom is staying around +3-4rh higher than the top. Is this OK? Am I being too worried about it?
Has anyone installed a pc fan at the bottom of this small wineador? If so will it help with the RH more consist throughout?
Has anyone installed led lighting in this? I've seen it in larger wineadors and it looks like a cool feature.

Here are a few pictures of it set up in my office....right next to me so I can stare at it all day!;)

20180814_083837.jpg 20180814_083854.jpg 20180814_083903.jpg

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I noticed a 2-3% variance on mine. Even with the temp set as high as it would go and higher than the actual temp it still had a variance. It’s like it was drawing just a slight bit of power and still cooling a tiny amount. I don’t really need the cooling as I have it my basement so I unplugged the wires for the cooling unit but left everything else. Something about the cooling unit caused the variance as now I only have at most a 1% variance. Just have to find a happy medium on rh range if you need the cooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Nice man, yeah, I’ve got one of those same models. RH stays pretty consistent (1-2% change from top to bottom) I’ve got 2 320g Boveda packs, and 8 of the 60g Boveda spread throughout the cabinet. Haven’t done any mods to it yet, definitely want to do some lights, and maybe a fan or two just to aid in circulation.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are so screwed. Someone will come in and notice some room.....and will convince you it's not full enough and that's why your RH is varying.
You're probably right...maybe I'm a glutton for punishment!;) Like I said, I'm basically a freshman on the 1st day of class that can't find his locker. I'm just making sure I'm doing everything correctly before I go too far down this rabbit hole!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I noticed a 2-3% variance on mine. Even with the temp set as high as it would go and higher than the actual temp it still had a variance. It’s like it was drawing just a slight bit of power and still cooling a tiny amount. I don’t really need the cooling as I have it my basement so I unplugged the wires for the cooling unit but left everything else. Something about the cooling unit caused the variance as now I only have at most a 1% variance. Just have to find a happy medium on rh range if you need the cooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the input....yes I think it definitely has something to do with how it cools but that is why I got it so I can keep it in that upper 60ish temp range. I've been reading a lot about the pc fans but they are usually for the larger wineadors. Would be worth tinkering with to see if it helps. I'm sure I have some of those fans laying around

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice man, yeah, I’ve got one of those same models. RH stays pretty consistent (1-2% change from top to bottom) I’ve got 2 320g Boveda packs, and 8 of the 60g Boveda spread throughout the cabinet. Haven’t done any mods to it yet, definitely want to do some lights, and maybe a fan or two just to aid in circulation.
So it sounds like that is normal to have differences in RH from top to bottom on this model. I currently have 4 72% 60g boveda packs on the top 2 shelves. I thought that I would need to go with the 69% but so far the top of the shelf hasn't gone over around 68%.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yes. Lots of people do. Circulation can be an issue in winodors. I put mine at the top, blowing on the cooler to minimize condensation.
This works, I moved my fan on ApeSmokes advice and have resolved most, if not all my condensation issue. Heavy duty Velcro and slot fans are the way to go in my opinion. I also run everything at 24v with a timer, 10 minutes every couple of hours seems to do the trick.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This works, I moved my fan on ApeSmokes advice and have resolved most, if not all my condensation issue. Heavy duty Velcro and slot fans are the way to go in my opinion. I also run everything at 24v with a timer, 10 minutes every couple of hours seems to do the trick.
Sounds like this will be my next little project. Thanks for the info. You don't happen to have pics of the fans installed do you? I understand how to install them, just making sure I put them in the best place.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Glad it worked. Frustrating to have issues like that, but great to get em behind you.
I could have launched a raft on the bottom of mine the first week I had it.:wideyed:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Depends on the fans you use. If you use the slot fans you should just be able to Velcro them to the back of the unit, pointed up toward the condenser. They shouldn't interfere with the drawers/shelves. I staggered mine, one near the bottom and one about 1/2 way up. My unit has a impression in the plastic intended to drain condensation along the back wall without getting on your cigars. Obviously leave this area clear so you don't ruin your fans or cause a mess. I also bought some "neck coolers" the towels that you wet and wrap around your neck. I have a piece bundled up over the drain hole to catch any condensation that does occur. It acts like a wick to recycle the moisture but once everything is stable it stays pretty dry.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I put a shallow tray of KL on the bottom of mine. Serves the same purpose as the towel, and seems to act as a pretty good buffer for my boveda packs.
I've had the same packs for over a year, and they look great. Every time they start to look a little thin, I spray DW on the tray of litter. The litter keeps the packs charged, and the packs keep the RH stable.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put a shallow tray of KL on the bottom of mine. Serves the same purpose as the towel, and seems to act as a pretty good buffer for my boveda packs.
I've had the same packs for over a year, and they look great. Every time they start to look a little thin, I spray DW on the tray of litter. The litter keeps the packs charged, and the packs keep the RH stable.
Thanks for the input. So will any UNSCENTED KL work? I've seen others talk about this.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I'm still pretty new to this cigar hobby/lifestyle but I'm already needing to upgrade:woot: I've been able to keep constant humidity in my tupperdor with no issue but I've been worried about the temp. I just can't get the tupperdor down to a temp that I feel I won't have to worry about anything. That gave me a good excuse to upgrade to the CC-100. I didn't feel I needed to upgrade to anything bigger yet because I won't be anywhere close to filling it up and it will keep me in check with my purchases. I'm sure eventually I will upgrade but I'm TRYING to take baby steps (which is very hard in this game)
Anyway I have a couple of questions for those with similar models....
Are you able to keep your RH consistent throughout from top to bottom? This is still a fairly new unit but the bottom is staying around +3-4rh higher than the top. Is this OK? Am I being too worried about it?
Has anyone installed a pc fan at the bottom of this small wineador? If so will it help with the RH more consist throughout?
Has anyone installed led lighting in this? I've seen it in larger wineadors and it looks like a cool feature.

Here are a few pictures of it set up in my office....right next to me so I can stare at it all day!;)

View attachment 119244 View attachment 119245 View attachment 119246
Is that an Acid blondie that I see in the bottom drawer with the other sticks?