What's new

Newair CC-100 wineador upgrade

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is that an Acid blondie that I see in the bottom drawer with the other sticks?
Yeah yeah..I have a couple of Acids but I do have them double bagged with their own boveda. They won't be in there long if that's what you're getting at.
I'm still in the try anything and everything phase.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@KMAN91
Acid are like Gurkha, every talks smack about them but almost everyone has smoked one.

Stupid Tapatalk
Hell I don't mind telling everyone I have a few. I have a lot of different brands. That is really half the fun for me!
There are SO many brands now days I want to try everything at least once....good or bad. At least I will find out what I like and what I don't.
BTW....I haven't tried a Gurkha yet but I did get one and will be trying it out!:nailbiting:

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hell I don't mind telling everyone I have a few. I have a lot of different brands. That is really half the fun for me!
There are SO many brands now days I want to try everything at least once....good or bad. At least I will find out what I like and what I don't.
BTW....I haven't tried a Gurkha yet but I did get one and will be trying it out!:nailbiting:
For me flavored cigars are over powering with artificial flavor, usually not good flavor either. As your palate develops you will probably taste the chemicals. I also feel like it's cheating to flavor a cigar.

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
@KMAN91
Acid are like Gurkha, every talks smack about them but almost everyone has smoked one.

Stupid Tapatalk
Yep been there tried that. This is my first little setup. Look at the far right side. You can barely see the blue band. I discovered pretty quickly that I wasn’t a fan of infused sticks. But hey, I wouldn’t have ever know if I hadn’t of tried. I’m just glad It was one of the first I smoked out of that small collection so it never effected the other sticks in the jar. I’ve had a few Gurkhas that were OK. Nothing great but fine for yardgars & the price you can find um at sometimes. I think most of the issue with them comes from the company’s reputation itself, not the cigars, for over marketing & overpricing their product for what it is more than anything. But hey, I’m still a noob that used to smoke cigarettes, so I’ll try anything. I’m slowly developing a pallet though & can definitely tell the difference between a cigar that I need to sit down, relax, & enjoy or one that I can mess around while smoking & not worry if I drop it, have to relight it, straight up break it, etc. I have learned from these guys though to not store infused cigars with cigars that aren’t infused. 71D53C76-DB19-4852-8EBF-E3F6717816D0.jpeg

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPDATE...I was getting about a 4-6% difference in humidity from top to bottom so after much research I decided to get a cheap 80mm fan to add to the bottom. ($6 at BB) It does help to even out the humidity but I will need to get the timer that I've seen many people add. I realize why the timer is needed because if I just run it constantly it will take the humidity down by as much as 10%! It is fun tinkering with it though. I've almost got it at a constant level that should be easy to maintain.

I also got some cheap led light strips to add to the look. ($5 at Walmart)
20180827_083445-1b.jpg 20180827_082028-2b.jpg 20180827_082038-3b.jpg 20180827_083404-4b.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been plagued with humidity issues on my CC-100. I get as much as 10% difference on the top vs bottom. I finally worked through it by using plastic bags to house my cigars and Boveda packs. I need temp control, as my condo is always hot (about 80 degrees, day or night). The cooler seems to run constantly, which may be causing my issue.

I like what you've done with your setup.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been plagued with humidity issues on my CC-100. I get as much as 10% difference on the top vs bottom. I finally worked through it by using plastic bags to house my cigars and Boveda packs. I need temp control, as my condo is always hot (about 80 degrees, day or night). The cooler seems to run constantly, which may be causing my issue.

I like what you've done with your setup.
Thank you 5280Nomad.
While the rest of my house is cooler, my office (where the CC-100 is located) is normally around 80-82 degrees. This is because of all my computers/electronics. I do feel that the computer fan helps to even it out if you want to try it. Also, you can try to move any boxes you have around to see if that makes a difference.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Buy a small desk fan and direct it on the cooling vent in the back of the unit. I've done this and I find my NewAir maintains temperature much better.

Something else you may consider is to rotate your trays occasionally inside the newair. Even with the fans and timer I still see a difference from top to bottom, possibly because the unit is full.

Don't forget to clean the filter and I find even with a clean filter the cooling fins inside the back cover attract dust. I'll disconnect the power and sweep them off with a soft bristle brush this fall.

Last edited: