What's new

NewAir CC-300 Setups, Mods, Tips

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had my new one delivered, haven’t had much time to spend with it yet other than plugging it in and throwing in the supplied Boveda seasoning packs. I have searched and read through the NewAir posts here and there is a lot of info scattered about, mostly from the new owner’s perspective. I’m hoping for you owners to post up your tips , pictures, etc. that you’ve settled on to help a newbie out.

I am planning to put my CigarOasis powered humidifier in the unit, probably in the bottom, after drilling a hole somewhere for the wiring if needed. And I bought a Boveda Butler to monitor humidity that I may Velcro to the top. Appreciate tips on these ideas and all others!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
The oasis unit has a thin cord attachment that will make it un-necessary to drill a hole in the unit. I put baking soda and newspaper in my unit for a week to get rid of the plastic smell and let the unit gas out before getting it turned on and set up. I have a few new air units (not the CC-300 specifically) but when they are set up well they are rock stable and great for humidification

Congrads on the purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just clean the plastic and wipe the cedar down with distilled water. Let sit overnight. It will be over humidified for a bit, just leave the door open off and on. When it starts to level out, put in the oasis, wait for desired humidity levels, and presto. I had my Whynter 300ct seasoned overnight. Also, at first when you open the door and fridge fan comes on, your humidity will spike shortly. Dont panic lol That wears off over time as then cedar dries out

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah I was able to get mine acclimated in 4 days which seemed a bit fast. Mine also did not have any plastic smell so maybe manufacturing practices have changed a bit (Dec 2018).

Anyway all good advice, add some lights and you are in swanksville. Boveda Butler is fine, but I have heard they are less than accurate even after calibrated (+\- 2.5% is I believe what they claim).

Did you buy the Oasis already? That may be overkill for such a small cabinet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was able to get mine acclimated in 4 days which seemed a bit fast. Mine also did not have any plastic smell so maybe manufacturing practices have changed a bit (Dec 2018).

Anyway all good advice, add some lights and you are in swanksville. Boveda Butler is fine, but I have heard they are less than accurate even after calibrated (+\- 2.5% is I believe what they claim).

Did you buy the Oasis already? That may be overkill for such a small cabinet.

How did you add lighting?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
How did you add lighting?
Run something like this along the inside circumference of the door, in between the glass and the rubber seal. The cable should be thin enough to exit by the lower hinge without breaking the seal.

Yes, I already have the Oasis. How do you get the wire through? I don’t want it through the door seal...
This wires are designed to be thin enough not to break the seal. Run it around the bottom corner and you'll be fine. You could try running the cable out the drain hole in the back. Drilling a hole for a cable seems like more work than is necessary. Honestly, I have a problem getting the humidity DOWN in my wino. Never have had a problem being to low.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like they also make similar strips that run on 4-AAAs if you decide not to run a wire. They are cheap enough I might give them a try as seldom as I would light them up!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Looks like they also make similar strips that run on 4-AAAs if you decide not to run a wire. They are cheap enough I might give them a try as seldom as I would light them up!
Mine have the option of powering via USB or battery pack. Battery pack seemed like a good option, but I’ve also had AA corrode randomly and not sure how they’d hold up over long periods of time in such a humid micro climate.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine have the option of powering via USB or battery pack. Battery pack seemed like a good option, but I’ve also had AA corrode randomly and not sure how they’d hold up over long periods of time in such a humid micro climate.

Definitely something to consider, as you said earlier living in the climates we live in the humidor is often drier then the rooms we keep it in. Just came to the realization that the additional lighting would probably be a waste, I have all drawers in my NewAir so there really isn't anything to highlight.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I also picked up a CC-300 recently and really like it. What temp and humidity are recommended for them? I’m in FL and have been keeping it at 68/68 but I’ve read 70/70 might be the sweet spot. I’m using 2x320g Boveda 69’s in it which seems to work great.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe most people on this forum would say 70/70 is high. Remember Tampa has a lot more heat and humidity in the summer so if starting at 70/70 you may find your cigars getting too wet. I keep my cigars at 65/65 and then I dry box at 62% for a week or two. Tampa and SE Louisiana have pretty similar weather. For long term I like them even cooler, around 62 degrees.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have the same size whynter and I'm using 65% boveda's and my CC's are still a bit damp but all my NC's are perfect, also in FL

Due to AC my indoor humidity is usually around 55% but when I added hundreds of cigars in mine over a 2 week period it actually made my bovedas get wet absorbing the extra humidity.

I've also noticed if I try to lower the temp below 65 it seems to suck humidity out of the bottom I'd be happy with any temp under 70

I bought extra drawers because they fit my size cigars perfectly (almost everything I currently smoke is under 6"). I'm not sure if the new air uses the same but they can be found on ambient stores

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I started keeping the humidity in my humidor higher, because I keep the humidity in my home really low(35-40% RH). I live in the converted bottom half of a split level house, so since half my house is underground and I live in WA the humidity needs to be controlled. I figure by keeping the internal RH High, it compensates for the shock from the bone dry air in my apartment.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I’m rocking 58%RH which in this sealed environment with already wet sticks evens out to around 60%. My 251 is setup just for CCs hence the low RH. Burn problems have been a thing of the past since going low.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I got the 281e (28 bottle) and have it set to 65/65 for past few years. No problems except for the few sporadic days throughout that time where it was real cold or real hot.
I'm running some Boveda packs (medium/small) in between the sticks, and a tupperware on the bottom with kitty litter, works great!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. What hygrometer is everyone using? I have a Boveda Butler but like a larger digital backup and tried the Cigar Oasis IV which is too small and not functioning correctly even after calibration.