What's new

Newbie from Conroe, TX

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome from Australia Lurker Dave!

PS. Is your name and avatar a Stephen King reference? As in Roland Deschain "The Gunslinger" from his Dark Tower series?

I love those books, particularly number 1. The Gunslinger.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from Australia Lurker Dave!

PS. Is your name and avatar a Stephen King reference? As in Roland Deschain "The Gunslinger" from his Dark Tower series?

I love those books, particularly number 1. The Gunslinger.
G'day brother!

And no, it's being a Texas law man more then anything :p

May have to try and find that book now tho...haha.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Name's Dave.

Been lurking the forum for awhile (especially the humidor/wineador pages...) and figured I'd see what being a BOTL member was all about!

Really a recent trip to the Caribbean where I got to experience the "forbidden fruit" that is a CC brought me back. Was a "celebratory" type smoker in my early adult hood and bought sticks based more on name vs their taste and understanding my own palette. I've smoked Montecristo, Punch, Macanudo's etc but again, didn't understand "what" I was smoking back then. Now, I'm wanting to learn and understand more about the leaf, my palette and generally enjoy the Brotherhood.

Working through the Man O'War Anthology sampler right now (thanks Cbid!). But have since enjoyed the CAO 660 Carb, MyFather Le Bijou 1922 Torpedo, Luchador El Castigo, Liga #9 Robusto, Undercrown Gran Toro on top of the Cohiba as far as recently.

Until I build up otherwise, I'll keep living vicariously in the humidor/wineador threads!
Your work through list is looking like my wish list lol, new guy here as well. Welcome!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your work through list is looking like my wish list lol, new guy here as well. Welcome!
Haha, we all have to start somewhere!

Besides, I've already had LS1 madness, black rifle disease, lifted truck syndrome, power tool mania...so the cigar slope is just another paver in the grown up path lol.