What's new

Newbie from Oklahoma

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
When you open the package(s) in a few days they will be real....... :riflefire :riflefire :riflefire

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Theres a bunch of ways to tell but once you smoke the stuff these guys send you, you will definitely be hooked. Trust me, I never had a cuban before I joined here and these guys made sure I won't forget my first.

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Packages" & "Stuff these guys send you" WTH?

Is this some sort of right of passage or something? Initiation?

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Ahhh the memories when Joshua popped his Cherry on his first Cuban :peckkiss: !...cigar that is :rofl:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
If I may. A suggestion. Don't spend any money for a bit. Give it some time. If it isn't all too obvious just yet, you will get to try some of these relatively soon. Find out what you like before jumping into THAT side of the hobby. Enjoy the cigars everyone can get locally and try to discern the different tastes. It's really better for you overall if you can enjoy all the cigars out there...some of us are completely taken by the "darkside" and honestly, it's kind of shame. Ok, long and rambling, my not being able to post during the work hours is making me verbose. Long story short, take it easy and slow...and don't order anything that doesn't come from JR's, CigarsInternational, Cigarbid, etc, just yet.:grin:

c10bonanza said:
I noticed the forum rules are no discussions about supplies, vendors, sources, etc etc.

Are PM's off limits? Emails? Like I said, I am naive about all of this and don't know where to even start looking for a vendor.

You guys are fast! :computer:

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sound advice Jason, and I will take it. I want to learn as much as I can from you old timers, but sometimes you just have to learn through trial and error.

Can't wait to start!

Jwrussell said:
If I may. A suggestion. Don't spend any money for a bit. Give it some time. If it isn't all too obvious just yet, you will get to try some of these relatively soon. Find out what you like before jumping into THAT side of the hobby. Enjoy the cigars everyone can get locally and try to discern the different tastes. It's really better for you overall if you can enjoy all the cigars out there...some of us are completely taken by the "darkside" and honestly, it's kind of shame. Ok, long and rambling, my not being able to post during the work hours is making me verbose. Long story short, take it easy and slow...and don't order anything that doesn't come from JR's, CigarsInternational, Cigarbid, etc, just yet.:grin:

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
joshua said:
Yes for the love of god stay away from cigarbid at least till you have a large humidor and lots of expendible income!

:stretchgr I should be safe for awhile then!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
c10bonanza said:
Sound advice Jason, and I will take it. I want to learn as much as I can from you old timers, but sometimes you just have to learn through trial and error.

Can't wait to start!
Oldtimers?

Have you looked at our profiles? :hysterica

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tobby4 said:
Oldtimers.... You are older than me....

My apologies youngin :bdaycake:

I noticed your profile says you are going to school. What are you studying? I was an accounting major, and am preparing applications for law school.

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
C10,

Theres Plenty of good Advise here. Jason's in particular is Sound. There are Many Good even Great NC's out there. Take Your time, the only way to FOG-Hood is through trial and error. When I first started I literally knew nothing about cigars. Do Yourself a favor and go to the Library and check out a couple of books. Perlmans Guide to Fine Cigars is a good primer on the subject. Learn about The ART of Hand Rolled Long Leaf Cigars. There's tons of info available on the subject. One key thing to remember is.....Everyone's taste is slightly different. One person might say a NC Fuente Hemingway Signature is the best cigar, others might say that a Padron Anniversary Maduro(PAM) is best and yet another likes the Torano Signature line best.

The Best Cigars are.....The Ones that YOU like.

So, take Your time and try as many as You can. A side bar to that is, Any House can have a Bad cigar. (this includes Darksides) So, try not to judge on one sampling.

For me, I unwind with fine cigars, I smoke them slowly and savor them. Many people new to the art rush through a smoke. That can ruin many cigars. If a smoke is harsh or Hot on Your tongue, slow down. It's All about enjoying the time.

Again Welcome to a Whole New World! :)

Slack