What's new

Newbie Humidor Suggestions

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
wasch_24 said:
Yeah. That's the one you put a couple singles from various boxes in so you don't have to dig through your cabinet. Right?
Oh, we were talking singles?? I meant 25 box count. :grin:

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Jwrussell said:
You are thinking of what Todd is thinking, and that's a scary thought ya know? But in this case, you are also thinking of what Todd was thinking I was thinking, which is what I actually WAS thinking. So yes, we are all thinking alike. :transform
I know what BOTH of you are thinking.......let me know if I can play too?

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
c10bonanza said:
I've done some searching, and Igloodor's are out. My bride-to-be will want me to have something slightly more "classy" in appearance.
Ever heard of a closet? That's where mine go. I thought one cooler would do me for a LOOOONG time, was I sadly mistaken. Sounds like you might need something a little bigger sooner than you think.

:devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tubaman said:
Ever heard of a closet? That's where mine go. I thought one cooler would do me for a LOOOONG time, was I sadly mistaken. Sounds like you might need something a little bigger sooner than you think.

:devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead :devilhead
Thanks for the advice Tubaman, but I have considered the closet. The only problem with that is, for some reason our closets get very warm. There apparently isn't very good air flow into there.

Second, we don't exactly have much closet space. Just a temporary apartment until we have the means to establish elsewhere.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Don't worry C10, you'll have enough space to last for a little while...:innocent:

Seriously though, it's always good to have as much room as possible, but your budget will determine how much room you really have available. I'm about to purchase a nice 25-30 count Wine Cooler and it will give me more room than I'll likely need for quite some time...simply because I can only afford to purchase so much! :nodlaugh:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
c10bonanza said:
Thanks for the advice Tubaman, but I have considered the closet. The only problem with that is, for some reason our closets get very warm. There apparently isn't very good air flow into there.

Second, we don't exactly have much closet space. Just a temporary apartment until we have the means to establish elsewhere.
If the closet gets too hot, then that's a good place to avoid! I like coolers because they are cheap, leaving me with more money to spend on cigars!! But if space is an issue, then go with a good moderate sized humi, and if it gets full, just smoke more!!:razz: :razz:

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jwrussell said:
Don't worry C10, you'll have enough space to last for a little while...:innocent:

Seriously though, it's always good to have as much room as possible, but your budget will determine how much room you really have available. I'm about to purchase a nice 25-30 count Wine Cooler and it will give me more room than I'll likely need for quite some time...simply because I can only afford to purchase so much! :nodlaugh:
I agree on getting as much space as you can afford.

I have intentions of going to a first rate law school, and based upon that will likely not be staying in Tulsa. More than likely I will be moving out of state. Because of that, we opted not to purchase a home.

I assume once accepted into a program, we will choose to live in married student housing. Not the flashiest, and definitely not pimp, but it will be cheap and affordable which means less student loans (and more cigar $$!).

Maybe someday I will be a successful attorney and have a nice walk-in humidor! :hearteyes

c10bonanza

Officially Clueless
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tubaman said:
If the closet gets too hot, then that's a good place to avoid! I like coolers because they are cheap, leaving me with more money to spend on cigars!! But if space is an issue, then go with a good moderate sized humi, and if it gets full, just smoke more!!:razz: :razz:
I have nothing against coolers, and left to my own intentions would opt for one. It would fit my limited budget well!

I've read enough threads about heat and beetles to know to STAY AWAY FROM MY CLOSETS!!!

:fencing:

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
tubaman said:
"Just smoke more"

I like that one!