What's new

NFL draft

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Jets are going to run a modified Pistol Offense with a read option. Geno Smith lined up in the QB position and Tim Tebow in the HB position. Mark Sanchez will hold their water bottles on the sideline.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I can't belive what my Vikings did. 2 first rounders then give up all other picks for a 3rd first rounder. I do like their picks (no Manti woohoo!) but I don't know if the 3rd pick was worth a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 7th round pick...
I think it was a great pick even giving up the draft picks. Essentially they swapped their 1st round for our 2nd, then gave a late 3rd and 4th to do so. Who cares about the 7th rounder they threw in. The Vikes still have a 4th, 5th, 6th and two 7th rounders remaining.

There are a handful of good WR's in this draft, but I believe only 2 of them are difference makers with them being Tavon Austin and Patterson. Sure Patterson is raw, but Greg Jennings is a great person to teach him the nuances of being a NFL receiver and how to be a pro.

The only question at this point is if Christian Ponder can prove to be a NFL QB...

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
^^ The Vikings got the best defensive tackle in the draft, Sharrif Floyd, with their 23rd pick. People had him going in the top 10. Then they selected a great corner back with their 25th pick, Xavier Rhodes.

On top of that they got the 2nd best receiver in the draft with a trade, Cordarrelle Patterson, at 29. And Patterson can play the X and Z spots where Tavon Austin (picked by the Rams) is probably more of a Y or slot receiver.

I think the Vikings did an amazing job CAJoe and AlohaStyle!

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Even though the browns don't pick until 68. I really happy they got gordon in the supplemental draft last year. not only did we get him as a bargain(probably a first rounder this year) he also got a year more experience to go with it.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Even though the browns don't pick until 68. I really happy they got gordon in the supplemental draft last year. not only did we get him as a bargain(probably a first rounder this year) he also got a year more experience to go with it.
And the Browns just picked up Davone Bess, WR from Dolphins, while exchanging a few picks this draft.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
And the Jets selection............ Geno Smith! Wow... Mark Sanchez is probably on the phone with his agent. Thoughts?
Na, doubt Sanchez could complete the call, he'd probably dial Smith's agent by accident :)