What's new

NFL Draft

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
How's your team doing in the draft? Did they address needs? Did they get better? My hometown Lions usually find a way to blow it so I'm watching intently. Also watching my Cowboys to see how they plan to replace Murray weigh in.

HIM*

Closer To The Sun
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Im a Vikings fan and I actually think we didn't blow our first round pick this time picking the top CB prospect. Thought it was pretty funny and honestly shocking the CNN notification I got though...."Tampa Bay takes FSU QB James Winston with the No. 1 pick in NFL Draft. He brings a troubled past." Pretty shocked they wrote something like that even though I can't stand the guy.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Im a Vikings fan and I actually think we didn't blow our first round pick this time picking the top CB prospect. Thought it was pretty funny and honestly shocking the CNN notification I got though...."Tampa Bay takes FSU QB James Winston with the No. 1 pick in NFL Draft. He brings a troubled past." Pretty shocked they wrote something like that even though I can't stand the guy.
Yeah they took the kid from msu good cover corner he has potential to be a true lock down corner.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Pissed that the Panthers picked a guy that wasn't projected to go to the 2nd or 3rd round in the 1st. Our GM preaches best player available. There is no way that you can tell me that Shaq Thompson was the best player available at #25. I think some of these GM's just get a hard on for a certain player and are going to pick him no matter who has fallen to them.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Pissed that the Panthers picked a guy that wasn't projected to go to the 2nd or 3rd round in the 1st. Our GM preaches best player available. There is no way that you can tell me that Shaq Thompson was the best player available at #25. I think some of these GM's just get a hard on for a certain player and are going to pick him no matter who has fallen to them.
I think that is true I remember the lions under Matt Millen he was horrible at picking talent. Recently they had some questionable picks but did what was needed last night. Hang in there few more rounds to get it right lol

AuGar

AuGar
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Anytime my Bengals do something low key like pick an offensive lineman I'm happy. We needed some help there.
Being an Aggie and watching big Ced play his whole career, if he comes back from the ACL tear in the bowl game, you have a cornerstone for years to come. He would have been a top10 pick if he was healthy.

Happy with the Texans picking up a DB, Joseph will be gone after this year and we need someone who gets groomed for the future since we play 3 Qbs that were all top 3 picks in their respective drafts (Luck, Bortles, and Mariotta)

Hamm

Bacon
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
We picked up DeVante Parker. A pretty good selection, IMO. Now if Tannehill could get some protection to throw the deep ball to Stills & Parker, that would be nice. Definitely need some help on the offensive line still.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
That guy is one of the best athletes in all of college ball. His size makes him a "tweener", but you got one hell of a football player. Last year he had 456 yards rushing with a 7.48 avg per attempt, 3 fumble returns all for TD's, 1 INT which was for a TD and 80 tackles. The reason he dropped is because he doesn't have a true position so people are afraid if he isn't great/known at one position, he must not be that good. But I think he can play safety or outside LB and do it well at the NFL level.

It was kinda crazy how UW did a rushing experiment with this kid until they focused him on defense. In their 8th game against ASU he got 98 yards rushing with a 4.67 avg. The next week against Colorado he got 174 yds rushing with 11.6 avg then the following week against UCLA he got 100 yds with 6.25 avg.

I know you didn't draft him to be a RB, but just showing the athlete that he is... he got those rushing yards against good teams, not powder puff non-conference games.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
And btw, I'm happy with the Vikings pick... I'm no talent evaluator but they chose the first CB taken in the draft meaning they got their man in a position we definitely needed. I would've been happy with either of the top few CB's and have trust in coach Zimmer. He is a damn fine coach and is what the Vikings have needed for a long time.

Rating - 100%
146   0   0
That guy is one of the best athletes in all of college ball. His size makes him a "tweener", but you got one hell of a football player. Last year he had 456 yards rushing with a 7.48 avg per attempt, 3 fumble returns all for TD's, 1 INT which was for a TD and 80 tackles. The reason he dropped is because he doesn't have a true position so people are afraid if he isn't great/known at one position, he must not be that good. But I think he can play safety or outside LB and do it well at the NFL level.

It was kinda crazy how UW did a rushing experiment with this kid until they focused him on defense. In their 8th game against ASU he got 98 yards rushing with a 4.67 avg. The next week against Colorado he got 174 yds rushing with 11.6 avg then the following week against UCLA he got 100 yds with 6.25 avg.

I know you didn't draft him to be a RB, but just showing the athlete that he is... he got those rushing yards against good teams, not powder puff non-conference games.
I hear the plan is to use him at weak side linebacker. So, with Keuchly, Davis, and Thompson that could be a pretty good group if Shaq doesn't end up being too "small". But, it's good to hear you rave about him since you've watched a whole lot more Pac-10 ball than me. I just felt there were some WR's available that fell to us that would have fit a need more. I hope you're right about him though.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hear the plan is to use him at weak side linebacker. So, with Keuchly, Davis, and Thompson that could be a pretty good group if Shaq doesn't end up being too "small". But, it's good to hear you rave about him since you've watched a whole lot more Pac-10 ball than me. I just felt there were some WR's available that fell to us that would have fit a need more. I hope you're right about him though.
I hope he's a bad player on 9/27/15 and 12/06/15

Who Dat!?! ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Huh? ASU & Colorado D are average, their run defense is worse.... Had 3 carries for 2 yards vs a very good Stanford D. Guess the story is, not sold on ST at all. Agree, tweener....