What's new

NHC Blog Post #2 - WOW!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I raised a Rumbus while dancing a Rumbus while listening to DJ Rumbus and trying not to step on my Rumbus that my wife was cleaning my room with while also reading a new article by Zoltan Rumbus (fascinating!) and eating a bit of Rumbus and laughing my a** off while watching MST3K Gumby Robot Rumbus Video by a dead astronaut in space - MySpace Video and trying to find out if my last name is actually Rumbus (thankfully, it is not)...as you can tell, it was a long day....

(make sure to click the links)...

~brooks

Brooks: Oh my gosh, another MST3K fan!!! That's so awesome. My favorite show ever, I have every episode and special (not just the commercial dvds ... EVERY episode!). Thanks for posting this.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So guys, this thread makes me SERIOUS about wanting to do a BOTL herf at NHC!

It's been brought up before, but I want to toss it out there again. I'm just an hour away myself (he's in Columbus, OH) and could serve as a car-pool stop or something if there was interest.

Anyone game?

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0

It's been brought up before, but I want to toss it out there again. I'm just an hour away myself and could serve as a car-pool stop or something if there was interest.

Anyone game?
Pick me up too Nate!!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0

It's been brought up before, but I want to toss it out there again. I'm just an hour away myself (he's in Columbus, OH) and could serve as a car-pool stop or something if there was interest.

Anyone game?
I'm game like Hasbro, buddy.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Gusto, the limerick was great as well - I got Red Hot Chili Peppers rhythms stuck in my head after reading it ...

Oh, BrooksW ... don't spoil the surprise. ;-)

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just got the prize package today, Dan, & all I can say is WOWZER!!!:youarethe

I was gonna post my own pic of the cigars - The Tat Black Torpedo & The Drac, but I happened to see that BrooksW had already posted a picture of the same on his website,
so I hope you don't mind, Brooks, that I'm posting a link to your picture because, I cannot even dream that I could approach the caliber of your photography.

...if you do object, please lmk & I'll remove it.

http://thesmokingstogie.squarespace.com/home/2009/9/9/a-little-birdie-just-dropped-off-a-package.html

Again Dan, thanks a million - I can't wait to let these sit a short while & fire them up real soon as you suggested.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
"Sit a short while" ... a very short while. Gotta experience the freshness. Gusto, Brooks, Bob - hope to hear your reviews. (Yeah - honorables got both of them - couldn't choose between them)

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"Sit a short while" ... a very short while. Gotta experience the freshness. Gusto, Brooks, Bob - hope to hear your reviews. (Yeah - honorables got both of them - couldn't choose between them)
BW has rules... HAHA!

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i wrote about these before, but as a recap. i thought the black was very good. the bigger ring size really brings out the dark wrapper. started out like a very good maduro. it had a very pure tobacco flavor to me. a very hefty stick. made it similar, but yet different from the cg size blacks.
i REALLy liked the drac. the wrapper really imparted a richer flavor and as it got into the middle it had a nice spice and a little pepper, but not overwhelming. this is my favorite of the two. at least right now.
thanks so much dan, and pete, for letting me try these. they WILL be must haves. as if there was any doubt about that! did i mention that new havana is one HELL of a great shop? now bring on the boris and the nekkid frank!!!

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
BW has rules... HAHA!
Yes....sigh....

I have to let mine sit a week at 65/65....I have found this is best when getting sticks that have been shipped...

I also going out of town for a week (AGAIN) to KC on Friday, so they will be the first things I torch when I get back...and I can't frakin wait :)

Thanks again Dan(and Pete)...

~brooks