What's new

Nhl

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I hear ya, but I say F'em. 2 lockouts in not that many years. How stupid can they be??? They lost a lot of fans and it took a long time for the game to recover and then they lose half a season again???

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have to say a 48 game season is quite disapointing... Seems the fans are the only ones that suffer in a lockout!! Go Sharks!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ya go sharks! It is a terrible thing for the sport however. I have not been the same fan since the lockouts.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been so depressed about losing soo much of this season. I'm just happy now to have a distraction from being constantly rejected for being too qualified or under qualified for jobs.

Gooo Lightning!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
The lockout was sad, but I'm glad to see that it's over and we can get on with the season.

I've been following the sport the last 2 years, Still learning the teams, players, rules etc.

Last years playoffs were some of the best playoff games I've sceen in any sport. They were beating the crap out of each other.:boxing:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I hear ya, but I say F'em. 2 lockouts in not that many years. How stupid can they be??? They lost a lot of fans and it took a long time for the game to recover and then they lose half a season again???
I agree. Never been a huge NHL fan, but always considered myself a NY Rangers fan. Only recently with the Knicks playing better again do I realize that hockey is firmly #4 in my book of the four major American sports leagues and I couldn't care less if they ever play again.

I have to say a 48 game season is quite disapointing... Seems the fans are the only ones that suffer in a lockout!! Go Sharks!
You think so? I thought the NHL regular season is some of the biggest waste of time there is considering most of the teams make the playoffs any way and an 8 seed can be so successful in the playoffs.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
The lockout severely pissed me off, and I won't be spending a single dollar to support any of those assholes this year. For the past several years we have travelled to Buffalo, bought premium tickets (first three rows every time), ate and drank (heavily) at the games etc, but not a freakin chance will we be doing that this year, or for the forseeable future.

That being said, I started up the 2013 BOTL Hockey Pool again if anyone is interested.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
How f'ing retarded is the Maple Leafs organization? They stand by during a 113-day lockout with their hockey office in place and then immediately after that lockout ends they dismiss the person running that office. :scratchhe

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Meh, what's the rush to move out the GM when there were no player/personnel moves that could be made anyway. I've never been a Burke fan and fail to see how he made any significant progress in his 4 years at the helm. He had a few VERY high risk/reward deals which I give him credit for having the balls to make (Kessel/Seguin pick) but unfortunately for him, they haven't amounted to a playoff spot. Add in the new ownership, the fact the boss couldn't stand the guy, plus his (alleged) problems outside of hockey that reflected poorly on the organization and you have a recipe for what happened yesterday.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Maybe, I just think that a new GM would like a bit of time to get into the flow of things.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Nonis has been his assistant gm forever (even when Burkie was in Vancouver) and, in the words of some of the media, has been running the team while Burkie was basically on an unofficial leave of absence anyway so I don't think that was too big of an issue.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
While I understand many of your sentiments, I have lived and died with the Blackhawks too many decades to turn my back now. I may not attend as many games this season as I usually do, but I will watch every game and support them as I always have.

For those who have never been big NHL fans, I can see why you would turn it off. For someone like me, for whom hockey has always been #1 (I play on 3 men's league teams as well), I will be right back in the fold.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hated the lockout.... Just like last time. But, I love hockey and am a huge Pens fan, so I'll be watching.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a lifelong St. Louis Blues fan and I'll be in St. Louis for the season opener against the Red Wings on Saturday. I haven't been to game in St. Louis in about 8 years so I'm pretty excited.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OH YEAH! I dig football but I missed my Rangers over the holiday season. Christmas without a rangers game around is just not Christmas at all. HOCKEY IS BACK!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
here weeeeeeeee go.... Should be a full day of scoreboard watching until I get home at 7 for Habs/Leafs....

Booked some action with friends on another forum - here were my picks if anyone wants to follow along:
LA over Chi, risk 11 to win 10
PIT over Phi risk 10.90 to win 10
WPG over Ott, risk 11.70 to win 10
NYR over Bos , risk 10 to win 11.50
NJD over Nyi, risk 11.40 to win 10
WASH over Tb risk 10 to win 10
DAL over Phx, risk 11.90 to win 10
NASH over Clb, risk 17.40 to win 10
MIN over Col, risk 13.30 to win 10
ANA over Van, risk 10 to win 17.20