What's new

Nica Notes...

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Had my first Nica Rustica a few days ago.

Wouldn't call this a review...Just a week in the humi, and was not really sitting down to mull over the flavors.

Quick notes...Burned like a typical Liga chimney ( are these En Tubar as well?) with tons of smoke, very strong aroma, notes of dry wood/ hay....Kinda meh, really :/

They need rest, and I need to burn a few for a proper review.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I've smoked a few of these now. I get some sweet cocoa, with spice and some salty notes developing later. IMO a very nice smoke. But like you said, some rest should help.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
I've smoked a few of these now. I get some sweet cocoa, with spice and some salty notes developing later. IMO a very nice smoke. But like you said, some rest should help.
Did you notice a really strong aroma? I can't remember the last cigar I have had with such an aromatic quality...

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Yeah, I'd have to smoke one again to pinpoint it. But it wasn't anything unpleasant, like some of their other lines. I'm a Liga junkie, I feel these are worthy in that regard.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These smell stronger than most pre-light imo. Was going through all the sticks I picked up this weekend and taking them out of cello, when I got to Nicas I smelled it and decided to leave those in the cello.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
....Kinda meh, really :/

Agreed, smoked three so far and not very impressed. May try again at a later time.
I'm surprised to hear this, maybe I'm way off. As I mentioned above, I'm a liga junkie and felt these were worthy. Do you feel they don't stack up to the Liga's? Or maybe you don't regard Liga's as highly as well?

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1

Agreed, smoked three so far and not very impressed. May try again at a later time.

I'm surprised to hear this, maybe I'm way off. As I mentioned above, I'm a liga junkie and felt these were worthy. Do you feel they don't stack up to the Liga's? Or maybe you don't regard Liga's as highly as well?

Love most Ligas, personally. I rank the T52 Toro in my top 5 all time.
Maybe they need more rest, or maybe the Rustica blend is just not my cup of tea :)

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Well there goes that theory. I can put my opinion of these another way. Undercrown, I like them, but they're not Liga's. The Nica's are closer to The Liga than the Undercrown by a mile.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
They are alright and worthy of my $6 I spent. I think they need some downtime for sure. If they ever go up in price though it's done with. On another note I am loving the new Torano Red Vault.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
They are alright and worthy of my $6 I spent. I think they need some downtime for sure. If they ever go up in price though it's done with. On another note I am loving the new Torano Red Vault.
I'm hoping they become the next $19 monster regular. These are ok as a poor mans Liga and will make a great yard gar. I'm actually surprised DE distanced this like from LP as much as they did. Advertising these as a poor mans Liga would have sold these faster than they already are.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0

Huge Liga fan here, these are not Ligas. There was alot of hype for these and even a 94 rating on Halfwheel, but they just havent done it for me. Was excited for the KFC to come out but that has died down since its been so long since they were supposed to be released. Feel like they may be a letdown as well. Wont know until I try them.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Aroma alone was what sold me. The price was an added bonus. I haven't even had the chance to smoke one yet but I have a couple in the humi resting.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The Aroma alone was what sold me. The price was an added bonus. I haven't even had the chance to smoke one yet but I have a couple in the humi resting.
I agree the aroma of it was awesome, it was very smooth and did put off a ton of smoke. However I think I'll enjoy my next one better when I'm outdoors not inside with the not so good filtration system they running that day.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It's not that it isn't good but it ain't no damn 94 in my mind.

One of two things happened...
1. The pre-release was a different cigar.
2. Someone is smoking crack.

I'm sorry I'm a DE fan but wtf.. Its a good six dollar cigar and I will smoke more. Is it a 94? Haha haha Ahahahahaha!

Okay, I need to shut up now.

<3's HOSHY