What's new

No Question is a Stupid Question Thread

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Is a gurkha really anybody's favorite cigar?

I know we bash gurkha a lot, but seriously are some people true gurkha fanboys even after they've smoked tats, pepin, ch, ccs, fuente etc?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Yes, I was actually at one in Chicago in maybe 2012, I honestly am not sure but they are a ton of fun and the thread is around somewhere.
I think that was the last one.

Is that a coincidence?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Is a gurkha really anybody's favorite cigar?

I know we bash gurkha a lot, but seriously are some people true gurkha fanboys even after they've smoked tats, pepin, ch, ccs, fuente etc?
Yes

One of my smoking buddies smokes rocky Patel and Gurkha almost exclusively..

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've been watching Grey's Anatomy which shows various views of the Seattle skyline. So I've wondered to myself when looking at the cluster of buildings downtown : Which building did Frasier Crane live in?

Cigarth Vader

Official Jedi of BOTL.org
Retailer
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
How long would it take you to smoke every premium cigar, every vitola, every wrapper, if you only smoked one per day? I want to see equations...and show your work. This must include a reasonable approximation to accommodate new cigars as they come to market as well.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
How long would it take you to smoke every premium cigar, every vitola, every wrapper, if you only smoked one per day? I want to see equations...and show your work. This must include a reasonable approximation to accommodate new cigars as they come to market as well.
Ok, I'll taken a crack at this.

If you smoke 1 a day you would be dead long before you smoked them all.

If you smoke 2 a day you would be dead long before you smoked them all.

If you smoke 3 a day you would be old as dirt before you smoked them all.

If you smoke 4 a day it would take you almost 13 years before you smoked them all.

Let me explain.

I ran a report to see how many different single Cigars we have in our inventory and it came back at just over 4000. This number includes Cigars that aren't made anymore or no longer available in certain vitolas, but we don't carry everything and then there are Cuban Cigars. So let's just say for shits and giggles there are 10,000 different single cigars on the market (i dont think this number is out of line if you look at every brand and size).

According to Halfwheel, over the last 4 years there was an average of about 750 new cigars introduced. Keeping up with the yearly Cigars requires you to smoke just over 2 a day just to keep up with every cigar.

That said, smoking 4 a day, it would take you almost 7 years to smoke the existing Cigars then add on all the Cigars that came out during that time you'd be looking at almost another 6 years to smoke all those.

There are a lot of variables that could greatly change my numbers but that is my analysis.

Last edited: