What's new

No Shave Nov!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
With November only about a week and half away I thought I would get this post going.

Who plans on doing No Shave Nov? Also post pictures of your beards now if you have one.

I have a decent beard going, haven't shaved since about late aug and don't plan on shaving anytime soon.

So lets so those beards!!

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I really don't get it either AZ, so I'm looking forward to the answer.

I maintain a goat and keep it medium length. The only time I go w/ a no shave philosophy is during the Hockey playoffs while my team is active in them. Done it for years as in Hockey it's tradition to not shave during the playoffs.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
In Australia, November is dubbed "Movember".
Men grow a moustache or beard to help raise money for mens issues such as prostate cancer.
http://au.movember.com/
There might be a local US chapter on that site.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Here in Michigan Firearm Deer Hunting Season is in November so the no shaving thing is to provide wind protection:)

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
ah, what the hell, i'm in afghanistan, the wife's at home, no one to impress. I'll do it too. I'm trying to decide if I want to let my head grow too.

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
I know up north many of my friends grew beards for hunting season. I guess it keeps them warmer hanging out in the tree stand.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I have had my beard for 3+yrs now, sometimes i go on runs where i just wont trim it for awhile which I am currently doing.

I know alot of people dont shave in Nov and it has become a trend, some doing it for charity, some for winter etc...

Here at work usually a group of guys wont shave untill the end of the month to do a mustache contest.

I thought since I know alot of people are now doing this start a thread see who is doing it.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
NOvember is NOvembeard Month. It is a way that men can show their support for Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. My folks and I at work will start November 1 and not shave the whole month.

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
This is one of the downsides of my asian heritage...poor facial hair. It grows thick in some spots, then non existent in others. Growing it out looks pretty bad...

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Here in Michigan Firearm Deer Hunting Season is in November so the no shaving thing is to provide wind protection:)
I pretty much start on October 1 every year and don't shave till after duck season closes at the end of January. There is only one problem and it gets worse every year ... let's just say I might have to start investing in some of this...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I think it's just for the competitive side of things. Guys shave the night before November 1, and see who can grow the manliest beard in one month.

Rating - 100%
209   0   0
27006 309th Ave SE, Ravensdale, WA, 98054
A local radio station does movember as a charity event for prostate cancer awareness. It's pretty much nation wide with teams etc to raise money. Myself, I work outside all year so around October first I start my "winter coat ". Usually take it off in April or May.