What's new

No Shave Nov!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Well, today is the first day of the month...

I usually keep a tightly trimmed beard, no moustache. My wife claims my "moustache" is like "tiny, stabbign knives". It IS pretty pathetic...

Anyway, I'm letting it grow out for the month. A local mens' salon called The Brush and Blade (they do all barber stuff, and even massages, with a beer served during) are running a Prostate Cancer awareness where if you pledge not to shave, you get a free hot towel and straight shave in December! I was going to do it, anyway... but with the bonus, now.. Hell yeah!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Minnesota, men don't shave because they are going deer-hunting.

(I am not a hunter, so I am not sure about why....but it seems to be the ritual here this time of year.)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I was Magnum PI for Halloween so I shaved my beard to a mustache. Wife said the mustache was a no go once Halloween was over so I'm all down to skin for the kick off :grin:. No that not shaving is anything special for me, it's what I normally do.

Dan

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Myself and boys at work at raising charity for Movember. We all grow mustaches for the month, have a buy in and a penalty. All money raised goes to Prostate Cancer research. A lot of fun and a lot of fugly 'staches.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Giving it a go this year. I'm almost always clean-shaven. And last year, well... I barely grew anything. So we'll see if my facial hair has grown up yet or not.

thebayratt

Satori's Dad "NTA_Shawn"
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I did a no shave October for a hunting trip. I figured itd be cold when I went but ended up not and my face was pretty warm.

I may do the no shave Nov, but the neck will get shaved, that aggrevates the crap out of me.

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Up here in the frozen north there is Movember where the benefits are for prostate cancer. This is the first year I am participating, and my shitty little creeper-stash is on it's way now. I figure it is the least I could do seeing as my Dad has had prostate cancer and went through all the radiation of kemo, the embarrassment isn't all that bad :agreesmil
And hell NO I will not post a pic.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Alright, kids... Last day of No Shave November!!! I know a couple of people in my house that will be happy, and I'll be more than happy to lose this pathetic excuse for a moustache!!

Our local men's salon/barber shop had people sign up to participate. We all get free hot towel, straight razor shaves. We get a voucher since they had so many people sign up, and won't be able to get everyone shaved tomorrow. Sooo... I'm taking my voucher to use later in the month, and letting my 4 year old buzz this all off tomorrow morning!! He has been in a "kiss boycott" since I started growing out the moustache!

I will have the pictures up later.

Let's see how it turned out for you all!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I had to trim my beard a couple days ago it was way to long but still have my beard like I have had for 4 yrs now. Will post picture later on of before it got trimmed