What's new

No Shave November

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
i used to participate in an event called whiskerino (no shave november was an offshoot)...whiskerino is no longer around but i haven't trimmed, cut, or shaved a hair on my body since whiskerino...(november 1st 2009)

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
I didn't know this was here but I stop shaving on my bday and don't start back till april. I do keep it trmmed though. Nobody wants a huge bearded chef cooking for them.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
winter this year I'm letting it grow out but not over an inch. I like mine short and hate the feeling of when I sleep on it wrong.

1) I bet she loves that. :computer:

2) I hear you, brother. Sleeping on it wrong is tough on a guy. :grin:

Bro, I'm sorry. But talk about two slow-pitch softballs over the plate. SHEESH! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Well, c'mon! Let's see those whiskers! I've always been sparse in the middle of my chin and just to the left and right of my jaw. This has never stopped me from trying but when it gets to a certain length I too look like a mix of chinese (wispy), scraggly (hillbilly-sorry if I offended any hillbillies) and bare spots, so I always ended up with like a weeks growth of length.
When I went to go see my dad I didn't shave (I only took one carry-on) with me so I could save money). When I got back home and was able to take a shower (4 days on Amtrak is fun but smelly) I began to shave and I noticed that some of these areas that have been sparse have started filling in. I will be 50 next year, so at this rate I may be able to grow a long and sharp looking FULL beard just before I die.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
November??? I always start my annual "winter growth" on October 1st.

This year I'm actually keeping it neat and mostly trimmed. Last year I just let it go...by Christmas my gf wouldn't get anywhere near me. haha.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I started my beard somewhere near the beginning of October (but I do shave my neck, I cant stand the look and feeling of a neck beard) and keep it fairly short. I always have a goatee, but this is the first time in a few years that ive done a full beard.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sorry guys, can't play. I've been sporting a beard since I was 14. I do wear it a little fuller for the winter. It was great as a kid, I could buy beer anywhere in town. Come to think of it, I've never been carded in my life.