Votes: 9 24.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dub

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dumb question #1. As i have been bringing home boxes of cigars (my daily smokes) to put in my humble little humidor I always take off the cellos. Good or bad practice???? Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You'll hear folks answer both ways. It seems that, at least for short-term storage, it's a matter of personal preference. Nobody that I'm aware of has convincingly argued that leaving the cello on or taking it off is better. So it seems fine.

The_Other

One card shy...
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read recently that keeping the cello on isn't such a bad idea if for nothing else than to deter any possible tobacco beetle infestation. Sounded like a good idea to me anyway. I don't know if that works or not? Or if they can just chew through the cello? :dunno:

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
leaving them on adds to the protection of the stick, esp. when traveling. that said, i normally take them off if i remove them from their box, and put them into a desktop. not sure why,,, just think they look better in the buff!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just leave them the way you bought them.

If the cello is on leave it on. If there is no cello then leave it be.

Just enjoy the cigars.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Beatles are already inside the cigar in larve form, if they hatch, then they become beetles. Cello had no bearing on this and yes, they eat right through the cello as well.

AndrewDill

San Diegan
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Whenever I get a box or two, I think it's just too much work to take them all off. Not to mention the waste basket full of packing material and cellophane.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
A boy finds a bird and decides to play a trick on an old monk who lives at the edge of town. He holds the bird behind him and says to himself, I will ask the old man if it is alive or dead. If the old man says its dead, I will let it fly away he thinks. And if he says it alive I will crush it and show hime the dead bird. As he approaches the old man, he asks the question; "Old man. I hold a bird in my hands...is it alive or dead"? The wise old man turns to the young boy and says, "As you wish my son, as you wish." Same answer to your question.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
leaving them on adds to the protection of the stick, esp. when traveling. that said, i normally take them off if i remove them from their box, and put them into a desktop. not sure why,,, just think they look better in the buff!!
I've always had more fun in the buff. I want the same for my smokes..

Short term off..presentstion
Long term on...Protection

Don't matter just don't bite it!!!!

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
My choice is to leave it on as well, they don't seem to lose humidity as fast and they age better IMHO................