What's new

Novice questions

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I recently learned the most effective way of doing this. You ash the cigar and blow through the cigar while holding a flame to the foot. Remove the flame while continuing to blow and you should acheive a blow torch like effect. Continue blowing until the flame goes away or you run out of breath. Your cigar will taste almost brand new.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Where else? Online! :rofl:

Great advice. Jason, I'd go with the tupper-dor. It's about the easiest thing in the world. Go out to your local Target or Wally-world and get a "Sterlite" or any other kind of "tupperware-like" container so long as it seals well. Go over to heartfeltindustries.com and get yourself some 65% beads. Put the beads in the tupper-dor, put the cigars in and you are good to go. Oh yeah, pick up a nice, inexpensive digital hygro as well just so you know what's what for now.

Cheapest way to get started and there are enough different size tupperware like containers to give you some flexibility in storage size.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
After reading some reviews and talking to a couple people here in town I'm really getting that impression. Now I just need time to visit Tobacco Lane and get me a cigar!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh yeah, and as for the cigar recommendation. Can't go wrong with a Torano. In fact, if you decide you like maduro cigars definately pick up a Torano Signature...

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I think that the Maduro wrapper might need to be explained too. Some are sweet, some are strong...just don't look at it like it's going to be an ass kicker because it's strong looking.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
jasontp said:
Hey thanks guys I really appreciate all your help. . . from what I could decipher in the domestic review section these have intrigued me

The Edge maduro

The others were great suggestions, but I'd stay away from the Edge maduro at first. It's one of my current favorite NC's, but it's a high-octane smoke and will probably put you on your butt, at least until you get a little more used to cigars.

Sounds like you're getting off to a good start. I wish I'd had BOTL when I was starting out. Keep asking questions, bro.

PM sent, also.

Oh yeah...

Hal said:

• Phonebook?

They still make phone books??

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm not worried about getting kicked on my butt I like to start strong when i started drinking wine my instant favorite was Cabernet. . . but I'm definately getting some stuff that's not quite so stout to start off with too!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The Edge is definitely a strong cigar. A great smoke for the price too.

I love the Torano Sig's, a lot of spice to them.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A word or two about inhaling. You don't have to inhale into your lungs to taste the tobacco. Your taste buds and sense of smell are in your mouth and nose, not your lungs. If you inhale you stand a much bigger chance of getting cancer, especially if you smoke cigarettes according to the studies I've seen. Also, cigar smoke is much heavier than cigarette smoke so it'll make you sick anyway. You won't enjoy it so my advice is not to.

You can force the smoke into your nose or breathe some in through your nose to get the full flavor experience, but to inhale to the point of getting it into your lungs is like drinking vanilla coke - some people do it but it's just plain wrong... ;)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yeah I'm sure just by force of habit I'll inhale a couple times on my first few cigars, but it's not a practice I intend to make regular or anything

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So what exactly does "maduro" mean? In reading reviews I liked the characteristics that were mentioned, but I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
It is a treatment to the tobacco which turns it very dark and almost creates a chocolaty taste to the cigar. Maduro cigars are typically slightly stronger and more flavorful IMO.