What's new

NY/NJ Herf at Azucar Cuban Cuisine Jersey City

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
It is pretty slow here at work so we are gonna aim for 7ish. Meet in the lounge is probably the best idea. Not sure about getting a table to sit down for food but maybe they can bring us cuban sandwiches or something :rofl: mmm cuban sandwich

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
let me know how it was, and when the next one will be. i just joined up and wont be able to make it. wish i could!!!!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Well, it was a pretty good time at Azucar. This location is MUCH nicer than their other location. The collection of Rum is quite good. I had the Montecristo and Appleton Estate. The Monte in particular paired very nicely with the Partagas 155 Salomone I had to mark the occasion. I finally got to try the La Compleata that we didn't get at the last Azucar herf, and I was not impressed, the meat was dry, but the rest of the food was very good.

My brother in law had a good time, it was his first herf. It was great to see Geoffrie and Erich again. Larry and Joshua, it was nice to meet you guys for the first time. Looking forward to getting together again in the future. I'll post a few pictures of the events.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Must say it was very nice to sit down and have a drink and a smoke with y'all. Bad luch about the pork Kevin, the ropa veijo was delicious.

Good to meet Larry and Josh for the first. Always good to sit with Erich and Kevin.

Besides good company, good laughs, and good food, I enjoyed:
- ERDM Demi-tasse 1990 with La Flor de Cana
- Davidoff with Appleton (From Kevin, much appreciated)
- PLPC after dinner with cafe con leche (from Erich, thank you)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The Davidoff 5000 I had was my frist Davidoff. It was like smoking nirvana very very good! Though upon looking at the label afterward for some reason there was two v's in Davidoff. :eyequiver Hmmm that's wierd. :headroll: Thank you very much for it Kevin you are truly a good friend and a real BOTL in my book!!

As usual very nice time to smoke, drink and chat with Geoff and Kevin. Also was nice to meet Larry, Kevin's brother in-law I forgot to take DNA samples if we need to identify body parts later! :rofl: Also very nice to finally meet Larry and Joshua. As for Azucar's this place is much nicer then the one in Edgewater and also much easier for me to get to and home from. We should meet here more often! :yes:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I had a good time. Good to meet some more local guys I have only known from their usernames on a message board! The pork was a little dry but I was dipping mine in that butter sauce they provided which took care of that. I've got a few pictures I took that I will post from work later.
Oh and these guys wouldn't let me go without making me take some of their cigars :rofl:
Thanks to everyone who I had one from. There were some stuff like Cohiba ELs and things that I just couldn't bring myself to take! I have only been smoking cuban cigars since something like August!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I think Josh and I were taken to Herf school last night. I had an excellent time and couldn't be happier that I went. All of these brothers are waaaaaaaaaaaaay generous with their giant otterboxes. They took care of some newb's, thanks guys!

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
caudio51 said:
Pissed I missed it. Looks like you guys had a great time!
We definitely need to go there again. Great atmosphere and food, well worth it.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Poni said:
We definitely need to go there again. Great atmosphere and food, well worth it.
I am down to go whenever. I'll make sure nothing gets in the way next time! :gangfire: :bangbang: