What's new

NYC smoker at humble beginnings

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! dpricenator good words. I just want to get the most out of my smokes, which appears to mean aging some to a certain extent.

I believe I can enjoy them on a casual level and at the same time have a small stock pile without being obsessed.... but I say that now.

My girlfriend says, whoa? you just bought a box of 25, you're going all in!

But the way I see it, is that those 25 will satisfy my taste buds for that stogie for the next half year or so and I dont have to keep running to the store, AND I can get some age on them.

Rating - 100%
104   0   0
My girlfriend says, whoa? you just bought a box of 25, you're going all in!

But the way I see it, is that those 25 will satisfy my taste buds for that stogie for the next half year or so and I dont have to keep running to the store, AND I can get some age on them.

LOL.... You'll look back at this post somewhere down the line, and laugh out loud at yourself! :grin:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blooz4u, That is very possible!

ok going to head home from work now and see what we are smoking/eating tonight.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
yep...you're on the slope. lol

I had a 28 bottle wine fridge with in 6 months of joining BOTL. now stocked with roughly 250 sticks, and my collection is a baby compared to many of the guys here

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all, just got finished with another casa magna colorado petite. This was was not as enjoyable as the the other I had, lacked the sweetness and overall flavor. Possibly from sharing it with the girlfriend, it seemed a bit overheated.

My question is.... how much does the RH effect the overall flavor of the stick? I keep my main humidor at 64ish which I smoked the other one from and it only being in there one night right from the store.

I then bought a box of casa magna on Wednesday which my digital meter is saying is at 75 RH, I kept the whole stash in it, as the box is real nice and is a mini humidor so I saw no need to transfer them into my main humidor, just kept it in the box on the shelf and pulled one right out of the box. It burned fine with just a bit of uneven ness, so didnt seem over humidified.

Either just got a bad stick or the RH effected it negitively.

Thoughts?

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello wutnot and welcome to BOTL. I am sure you will enjoy being here and glean a lot of valuable information. I still consider myself a novice in the cigar world but I have found myself to be completely taken in by this lifestyle. RH is very important as is keeping the temperature below 70 degrees. I like 65% and 65 degrees for storage. I don't want any problems with hatching tobacco beetles.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response mcroom, I totally agree with not wanting the beetle problem. Currently my box is at 74 degrees at %63 rh.

I am considering a wine fridge for that reason along, however unsure if I wish to spend $300 on a wine fridge, then where will I put it in my apartment are my deciding factors.

Thanks again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind welcomes

I already feel apart of this wonderful/terrible compulsion which is our hobby/obsession.

It is comforting to see so many members far beyond the stages from which I am at. I will be able to draw strength from the idea that as my condition advances, I will have good people to consult that have been through the same things previously.

Cheers.