What's new

Officer Tasers woman, 72, during traffic stop

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
She dared a deputy constable to shock her with a Taser.

So, he did.

Watch Video of Incident Here

Video released by a Travis County Constable's Office shows Deputy Chris Bieze confronting 72-year-old Kathryn Winkfein after stopping her for speeding on May 11 just outside Austin.

Video from a camera mounted in the deputy's car shows Winkfein cursing and challenging the deputy and even daring him to use the Taser on her.

"You're going to shove me? You're going to shove a 72-year-old woman?" she yelled.

Winkfein told KTBC-TV in Austin that she did nothing to provoke the use of the Taser.

But Precinct 3 Sgt. Maj. Gary Griffin said Bieze used the Taser only after Winkfein became combative.

There was no immediate comment from Winkfein on Wednesday. A call to her home was answered by a fax machine.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Unreal,,,the cop was about 3 x the size of this old woman and she said she would sign the ticket and he still tazes her. I'd like to put that tazer up his ass and see how long he'd dance while I kept my finger on the trigger. This guy needs to be fired and look for another job.

Addendum,,,this has been playing on the news all day. I don't agree with the old woman,,she was being a pain in the ass and she knew it and kept saying she's 72 thinking that this would make her impervious to getting a ticket. The cop handled it all wrong,,,all he had to do was arrest her,,,put her in the back of the unit,,done deal. If she would have screamed at him to shoot her with his gun,,,would he have done that? We expect more from policemen than this. Now, if she had a weapon or tried to attack him in some way,,yeah,,taze the old bag,,,but not for what he tazed her for.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
I personally found it funny. Only in Texas. I saw this on the local news last night.

The cop did ask the lady 9 different times to comply, and all 9 times she resisted.

I'm not a big fan of cops, but why do people continue to badger officers? Like it was stated above, in that moment was not the time to protest. That day will come in court.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tazed because she didn't comply is wrong. She should be arrested for not complying, not tazed! You'll never convince me she should have been tazed. She did not assault the officer in anyway. That was wrong!

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Tazed because she didn't comply is wrong. She should be arrested for not complying, not tazed! You'll never convince me she should have been tazed. She did not assault the officer in anyway. That was wrong!
i agree! there were other ways to make her move, as was witnessed by his first shove. it'll be interesting to know what his justification was... "she didn't do what i told her to...."

though i agree that there is a time to argue. and, if i tell you to do something, that time is not now. but, to use that type of force? hmmmmmmmm, $$$$!!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
And, from what I understand, he was a Tazer instructer. Hmmmm, how many more of him are out there? Sounds like someone better start kissin grama's ass to get in her will.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
you are correct. essentially, what your saying is, "I want to see the judge." okay, but the judge doesn't want to see you right now, so we'll give you a place to stay until he's ready!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I love how cordial the men in blue are to accomidate the masses as they wait to address there unfortunate situation. You officers are so nice.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A lot of small police departments in Texas hire guys that have been to a 90 day course. Most of the larger cities train 6-12 months or even longer. You get what you pay for. The police officer did not handle the situation well. He let her make him made and then reacted out of anger.

Refusing to sign a ticket is resisting arrest. He should have called for back up. I used to have a man working for me that always went to jail because he refused to sign the ticket. He had a very strong dislike for authority and police in particular. One of my friends was a police officer and he told me they used video of my employee in their training.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Bet she won't pull that crap again!
Sure tazing is harsh, but this is about respect and doing what you're told by an officer. When will people learn?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
There is enough on the cop's side and the old bag's side where folks could argue for a long time on what was right or wrong.

But i'm always amazed when people that refuse to follow a cop's request are surprised when they are tazed, arrested, or whatever.

I would have pushed the lady as well. At that point they were awful close to the highway...clearly a necessary safety move. The tazing is a bit much, but oh well...should screw with obviously agitated cops.

Both were wrong...the old bat should be in jail after being tazed.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I'd have tazered that crazy bitch then handcuffed her and stuffed her in the car. She was combative and abusive and deserved to be tazed, had she followed simple instructions it could have been avoided. The officer was doing his job and should not be in any trouble.

carocaniac

i hope this lighter works
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was a beat cop for about 4 years, it depends on the officer's SOP's. If they give him power to use his "less-than-lethal" option after he advises her that she is under arrest and she resists, he than tells her, "If you don't stop resisting, I'm going to Taze you!" After watching the video the officer was in the right. Just because the woman is 72 does not make a difference. Not to mention the police department is backing him up. The morale of the story is: "DO NOT RESIST ARREST"!

By the way: Thank God she wasn't black!

Last edited: