What's new

Oliva Serie V Maduro Torpedo

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Just got my first Maduro Especial. It is very good, but has anybody else experienced a tight draw? I am thinking this one is especially great with a little age. Great taste though. Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
When I stopped by the B&M that was supposed to get these in they in fact had just received them. The rep was there smoking one as well as the shop owner. I was able to grab one out of the open box to smoke and I loved it. I should have bought two boxes of these bad boys but I don't have the money to drop on another now. It was real nutty and a good strong full flavored cigar. The wrapper definitely changed the flavor, however when I compared it to a regular Serie V Torp on the shelf the wrapper was no darker. I think the wrappers from my box are darker than the shop's were though.

A little bonus was that they still had some LFD Factory Press IIs on the shelf so I grabbed one. What a beautiful mottled wrapper.

Draco

Draco
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I picked up a couple of these at Hi-Times in Costa Mesa, CA yesterday for $10 a stick. Smoked one last night with a double shot of Suntory 18 whiskey and I'd have to say that I was a little disappointed. It was a good smoke but now that I'm reminiscing on it, there was nothing memorable. I'm sorry to say but didn't blow me away. I'll smoke the other one this weekend and hope that I change my mind b/c these guys really make amazing smokes. Perhaps I'll just stick w/ the regular V series which are still amazing.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
i picked up a couple yesterday and had one last night. can't say as i was impressed, so guess i'll let the last one sit for a while. freakin' pete just has me too spoiled.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Just got one of these a my B&M. Not planning on smoking it for a while, but wanted to at least grab one while I had the chance.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
do they come with the car too?

I just my first today in a bomb from Adam. looks great. It's gonna sit sit for a bit, but I do love them V's

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
do they come with the car too?

I just my first today in a bomb from Adam. looks great. It's gonna sit sit for a bit, but I do love them V's
Nope. Stepped out front of the B&M when I bought their only box and shot the picture on my car.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Smoked one of these after breakfast and it kicked my butt. Nice strong tasty cigar.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Had the regular V torpedo yesterday and the maduro today. the maduro was good, but the regular was awesome. This is my first from the cello era and I thought it was better than the last non-cello'd one I smoked earlier this year. I think the recent batch is actually better. I may have to smoke one of my last remaining non-cello'd ones to see.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
If anyone is looking for a box or to do a split on these my local B&M has six or seven boxes left. If you want to call and pay over the phone I'm sure it can be done. It's called The Tobacco Company in Lemoyne. If you're interested in a split I can pick up the box and handle the money for the interested parties then sent the cigars out. Just figured I'd give you guys a heads up.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have a box of 08's. They pop up in small shops. Well worth the purchase.