What's new

Online Buying Unboxed vs Boxed -- Differences?

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
They sell both boxed and unboxed. And they don't have boxes for the bulk of them it seems. It appears that a lot of the main brands are sold to them in pre celloed five'rs probably in bundles of 25, same goes for the other larger online vendors. I don't know how many of the smaller boutique brands distribute that way.
interesting, i guess thats a way to increase profits by paying less for bundles without boxes

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I go for unboxed when i can find it. The boxes are nice but i don't feel it really has much effect on aging with cello'd sticks. Who knows though i could be dead wrong. also i can cram way more into my humidor without boxes then with. Some i keep in there box though, like me precious eccj's

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I go for unboxed when i can find it. The boxes are nice but i don't feel it really has much effect on aging with cello'd sticks. Who knows though i could be dead wrong. also i can cram way more into my humidor without boxes then with. Some i keep in there box though, like me precious eccj's
I re use old boxes. Buying a fiver here and there to replenish.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
always unbox and uncello my sticks when I get them and put into the humidor.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I had tried a fiver of La Palina Black Label from CigarPage.com, liked them, decided to buy a box. Checking prices there for a box of 20, you can buy the box for $136, or just choose to buy "20 cigars" for $61. I've run into similar before when buying LFD Double Ligero Chisel Maduro on CigarPlace.biz (no box) but it's much less of a price difference (when I asked them they said they send the boxes back to LFD for a discount).

So what's going on at CigarPage to have such a drastic price difference? I can understand the sending the box back for a discount, assuming that's true. Are the cigars the same quality or similar enough not to matter? I don't need the boxes so that's not an issue but thought I'd ask the experienced folks here for explanation/advice.
Get the bundle there is no difference unless they specify seconds or factory selects, etc. Just extra money for packaging and labor. Kinda fucked up considering a stick pretty much costs them anywhere from .50 cents to $2 to make, even the higher end stuff unless using crazy rare tobaccos.