What's new

Only smoked one & bought a box?

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I've bought a bunch of boxes without trying not a one. A few that come to mind are:
Tat Pudgy Monsters, Little Monsters, Regular Monsters
AF Sharks
Party Shorts
PSD4
Bolivia PC
HdM EE
BBF
Monti #2
RASS
JdN 1970
And many more that I may have tried 1 or 2. Don't regret any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a box of Oliva G maduro churchills just today cause picked them up for $68, under $3 a stick was a nobrainer for some of the reviews I have seen for them. Also had one Oliva V Melanio maduro torp and bought 2 boxes, love that stick, once the tax refund comes think I might need a few more haha.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I bought a box of Oliva G maduro churchills just today cause picked them up for $68, under $3 a stick was a nobrainer for some of the reviews I have seen for them. Also had one Oliva V Melanio maduro torp and bought 2 boxes, love that stick, once the tax refund comes think I might need a few more haha.
That's a deal! Lots of flavor per $ there.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting thread as I've smoked a lot of good cigars in 45 years. Opus and Cohiba Esplendidos were an instant hit and even the RP Edge Maduro have managed to keep me buying a box every couple of months.
An interesting fact is that a cigar can cement memories where an experience will take that snapshot of a life event and make that cigar take on an even bigger and better taste. ..that promotes a push to recreate that event and another cigar/box is purchased. I've often preached this phenomenon and have followed it often. ..to my own admonition.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I don't buy singles. Only 5ers. I have bought a few boxes off of others reviews but most of the time I try to smoke a few before a box or multiple 5er/bundle purchases. In going to buy some cc's in the near future. 2 or 3 boxes based on your guys opinions. Ryjsc, psd4, bbf, monte4, hu46, connie1. I figure I will buy a couple boxes a month till I get all the popular ones. I will get into the bombing scene to spread the joy and sorrows.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I purchased 2 Tatuaje TAA '14s while in Florida...last year I think?? Only smoked one and was instantly hooked. Fast forward to the 2015 release...bought a box. I know the blends are different I believe year to year but this would be one choice of a cigar I'd buy blind.

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I purchased 2 Tatuaje TAA '14s while in Florida...last year I think?? Only smoked one and was instantly hooked. Fast forward to the 2015 release...bought a box. I know the blends are different I believe year to year but this would be one choice of a cigar I'd buy blind.
So I guess the real question is how many 2014s would you like to part with?

nc_6789

Nick
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I want to answer this honestly, but I feel like it's a trap. Especially coming from you. But they're both long gone. If I come across anymore I know who to send them to now though. :cigar:
Lmaoooooooo of never trap you Mwahahahahahahaha

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I bought a box after having one, on two occasions that I can remember. At Cigarfest '10, Jonathan Drew was handing out pre-production Dirty Rats to Cbid forum members who asked him for one. I remember that cigar being the best smoke of my life. Burned my lips on that one, and still didn't want to put it down. Too bad the regular production box I bought wasn't as good.

Got a Genesis Project at either Cigarfest '11 or '12. After smoking the pre-release sample, I bought two boxes the day they where released.

Now a days, I try to smoke several before stocking up, but I've been known to buy blind if I find something going real cheap at auction. Some are winners, some not so much. You would think I'd have learned by now, lol.