Operation Esteli 2015 raffle tickets [sold out]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Brothers and Sisters,

I am humbled at the amount of support both here at BOTL and off-site OUR cause has received. This year's Ticket sales were beyond what I thought possible. When we sat down to start OE2015, I thought that in today's economy, we "might" might reach 2000 tickets sold. And at that amount, we'd surpass what we did last year to help these very, very needy children and their families. I thought that if we did just a little more (or just matched what we did last year), this would be considered an amazing feet. Then the wisest of us all said "I think we can get to 5000 tickets sold) ( @Eric )

When I heard that I thought, that'd be more incredible that Hoshy going a year without posting a nipple picture (anywhere), and I said "I hope we can get to that, or just half), and also said that "I hoped I was wrong."

I WAS WRONG.

You made this an amazing success. You have given to these children even during an economic downtime, and I for one am happily shocked. Not "shocked" in terms of what you all could do, but let's face it - people in the US are struggling in many ways, and what you've done has said to that alone, that we WILL SUCCEED.

Friends, you did it. YOU did this, You are the reason these kids will be getting a better education, better food security, a better life. You are the magic that made this happen and for me to say I am humbled and appreciative is like saying, "Hoshy", please… not more nips. i.e., an UNDERSTATEMENT.

You are one of the reasons I wake everyday knowing that there is goodness in this World.

Thank you all. You are amazing, amazing people.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
^^^ this ^^^^

I was involved in that conversation.. and thought to myself "E has got to stop drinking Jose Cuervo before we have conference calls.. no way this is going to happen... but.. we'll have fun trying.. so lets go!"...

There is a reason he is the boss lol.. he knows BOTL... I am a completely misinformed schmuck lol... and clearly didnt have enough faith...

Total OE2015 tally will be done by this weekend.. but as of right now, it looks like we've crossed the $35K mark this year... INSANE!!!!!

To think, the discussion Brad, E, and I had 2 years ago was... I really hope we can raise $7500... but.. If we can even get to $5000.. what a huge success this would be...

And here we sit just 2 OE's later.. and we have surpassed that original goal we considered... 7x times...

This place, and all of its members.. never cease to amaze me..

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Both Joel and Dave have said it, but I want to thank you all for making this happen!

Without your donations, time, sharing of posts, word of mouth and general love for all things BOTL, this would not have happened. I really don't know what else to say, I am taken back by the generosity of our community.

Seriously I am trying to think of what to say but I am speechless, you guys are great and this is what make BOTL the great online community out there.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I truly believe God uses each of us to touch others lives. Each of us touch each other by our friendships, our knowledge, our generosity and our lives. But, knowing that WE raised this money to help children in another part of the world that is less fortunate than we are is truly amazing. Know this that every person that contributed to this cause has touched countless lives.

To E, Brad, Dave, Joel and whoever else helped in getting this yeArs campaign going, thank you. Without passion and direction for a cause, this campaign might not have been as successful.

May God continue to bless each of us.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
this group has always been special. whether it was a brother who had been the victim of a natural disaster, or an unnatural one, the gentlemen of this family could band together and take care of one of our own.
this time, it is really special. it's not just one of our own. it's someone you've never met, and may never! it's kids. its' kids that are going to get a hand up. it's not cell phones or ipads or things our own over privileged kids here have. it's the basics. it will allow them to have more of the greatest gift available....KNOWLEDGE!. the sky is the limit for them. and i want you to consider, it could truly be a world changing thing. it may take 10 or 15 years, but who knows what even ONE of those kids could turn out to be. it boggles my mind to consider the possibilities.
i think this group can do almost anything as well. the size of the heart of this group knows no limit. all it really takes is a group of guys who are willing to take up the challenge and DO IT. i cannot commend eric and the group of guys that have been the spearhead of this operation. all botl needs is someone to lead and a few to keep gently digging the spurs in to get this group moving and almost anything can be accomplished.
thank you gentlemen for your role in keeping this moving and bringing it home! you are freakin' OUTSTANDING! and to the rest of the brotherhood.... you make an old brother proud. well done gents, well done.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
^^^ this ^^^^

I was involved in that conversation.. and thought to myself "E has got to stop drinking Jose Cuervo before we have conference calls.. no way this is going to happen... but.. we'll have fun trying.. so lets go!"...

There is a reason he is the boss lol.. he knows BOTL... I am a completely misinformed schmuck lol... and clearly didnt have enough faith...

Total OE2015 tally will be done by this weekend.. but as of right now, it looks like we've crossed the $35K mark this year... INSANE!!!!!

To think, the discussion Brad, E, and I had 2 years ago was... I really hope we can raise $7500... but.. If we can even get to $5000.. what a huge success this would be...

And here we sit just 2 OE's later.. and we have surpassed that original goal we considered... 7x times...

This place, and all of its members.. never cease to amaze me..
Goose bumps.... As a collective we can do anything. Well done BOTL.. This made my night. Can't wait to see the physical results of everyone's hard work!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Last mdwest post in this thread....

I am routinely amazed by what a bunch of dudes that like to set leaves on fire as a hobby can do when they put their minds to it..

those that know me, know.. I am rarely at a loss for words...

as I sit back and reflect on what has gone on over the past couple of months.. and think about the simply amazing life changes this boards efforts are going to make in the coming months for HUNDREDS of disprivileged children.. thats where I am at.... a total loss for words..

no value or further descriptors can express how incredible you guys are... thank you for helping me (and others here) realize a dream...

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I realize that we have come together for this cause but let me tell you. The brothers that put this together have a lot to do with the reason so many people participated. I personally know that I would do anything I could for you guys and I could never repay you for your past kindness.

This is the last Hoshy post. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.