• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Xikar

The Knife Doctor
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
University of Mount Union, Alliance, Ohio
Depends on vitolas, ages, etc.

I've only ever had a few CC's that really wowed me (I dunno, they've just never really excited me), but I've always loved the Opus.

That being said, the few CC's I had that wowed me, really, really wowed me. One was an Upman Mag. 46 (I think). Age unknown (from Shuckins) and it just blew me away. It showed me why people love CC's. That, and a PSD4 that was stellar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on vitolas, ages, etc.

I've only ever had a few CC's that really wowed me (I dunno, they've just never really excited me), but I've always loved the Opus.

That being said, the few CC's I had that wowed me, really, really wowed me. One was an Upman Mag. 46 (I think). Age unknown (from Shuckins) and it just blew me away. It showed me why people love CC's. That, and a PSD4 that was stellar.
For the price I would go CC.

Bolivar PC
RASS
HU 46

All are much cheaper and better IMHO.

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Tough question. Most days, CC. Age is also a factor. Of course, it also depends on what CC you are talking about. If we're talking Cuaba? No thanks, Opus. If we're talking BHK 54, then uh... Behike.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Honestly, I know nothing about CC. I have had just a couple and have no idea what they were or if they were even real. A few were okay and a couple were amazing. I am just not a huge fan of Opus X. Everyone I have smoked has had issues and I expect more for the price. I would choose a CC though. I want to start learning about the different brands and find one I really like.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Overall, I think CCs are overrated by many people. They have a mystique about them, and the FOGs remember how good they used to be. There are still some great cigars coming from there, don't get me wrong, but I think many of us give them the benefit of the doubt becasue of where they come from. Also add to that the high failure rate they can sometimes have do to crappy manufacturing. When the revolution happens and HSA is out and the Cuban people are in charge of their own farms and manufacturing again, I think we'll see a HUGE improvement in quality.

It really comes down to tastes. Some people highly prefer the taste of Cuban tobacco, others Nicaraguan, others Dominican, etc. That's a matter of taste, not inherent betterness. I think we'll all agree that they are fantastic cigars and crap cigars coming out of every region these days.

As to the Opus X ... it really is a unique cigar, and a great cigar. How much you like it will depend on your tastes.

Which would I choose? Depends on the ages, and which CCs I have to choose from. I'd pick an Opus X over most CCs, but there are some CCs I'd choose over an Opus.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Depends on the day, my mood, what I ate, what I am drinking, where I am, who I am with, what is in the humi. Not an answerable question really.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I love both. I smoke a few opus and a few CC's most weeks. They are more of an apples to oranges comparison. There is no CC that compares to an opus in terms of pure power. As much as I love opus very few will compete with the complexity of an aged CC. I find opus to be one of the best constructed cigars out there even though there may be some burn issues from time to time I think that is due to the amount of Ligero they use and fixes itself if they are aged enough. I do not get the draw issues that are common in many CC's. There is a time and place for both cigars for me and I hope I never have to choose one or the other.