• Opus X (any vitola)

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • CC (PSD4, Monte, ETC)

Votes: 72 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I love both. I smoke a few opus and a few CC's most weeks. They are more of an apples to oranges comparison. There is no CC that compares to an opus in terms of pure power. As much as I love opus very few will compete with the complexity of an aged CC. I find opus to be one of the best constructed cigars out there even though there may be some burn issues from time to time I think that is due to the amount of Ligero they use and fixes itself if they are aged enough. I do not get the draw issues that are common in many CC's. There is a time and place for both cigars for me and I hope I never have to choose one or the other.
Yep! I knew you'd nail it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ten years ago I would have said Opus. At that time CC were having a lot of problems and were very inconsistent. Today it is CC all the way. I have had many great boxes of recent vintage. I still love Opus but if I have a choice I will reach for a CC every time. Something about that twang....I ain't talking about country music either!!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
This is like asking, "Seagram's 7 or ANY other kind of alcohol?" or maybe "Honda Accord or ANY other car?"

You're matching specific against general. Which CC? Which vitola Opus? What age are we talking on all of this? Etc...

I'd take most CCs over a young Opus... would take an aged Opus over most young CCs... would take most aged CCs over any Opus...... and all of it depends on which precise cigar we're talkin' about.

Cheers!
Bingo! If you wanted to compare CC's, for example you could say, Coh Siglo or Opus. I've found Opus themselves to be different depending on vitola and age. Personally, I like em with about 6+ years on em. You can tell bc you get a nice light bloom on em about that time. Same with CC's, fresh, the green-ness is more apparent than non CC personally and so again, 3 or so years is a nice minimum starting point. To me, Opus themselves have a very unique profile. I compare them to Amarone due to the almost raisiny flavor. Wine drinkers either love or hate Amarone so similarly, I think its the same with Opus. G1

keinreis

BoM Oct '11
Rating - 100%
130   0   0
Not that it needs to be said again, but it all depends on mood, and availability. Seems cc's are easier to get at a decent deal then Opus. So value wise I say cc, but I love a good opus here and there when I can find them for close to retail pricing.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I really couldn't answer this. I think it depends on which cc and opus.
If you said an Opus Robusto Vs a PSD4 I'd say the Opus. However if you asked about the Opus Toro Vs a Montecristo Grand Edmundo EL, I'd pic the Monti.

pabloj671

Banned
Rating - 92.9%
15   1   0
dollar for dollar... CC
Year for year of age... CC
the ass pain worth going through... CC

dont get me wrong... i still love me some Opus but i can get CGR's easier than i can get some HTF Opus... hell i can find Dunhill mojitos, Davi Dom P's and Chateau Margaux before i can land a Football... or Opus Maddies... LOL! but i still hunt for them though... I guess that's part of the fun!

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
CCs for sure. Opus are great but I agree with pablo dollar for dollar you definitely get more bang for your buck with the Island smokes. Great flavor without the feeling you just got kicked in the stomach. I can only say I've had one Opus and it was good but by the end of the smoke I was sick as a dog. I can have twice as many CCs in one sitting but then again I'm a lightweight when it comes to those powerful smokes. If you love the heavy nic kick you'll probably be in the other camp on this one.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'd have to cast a vote for FFOX. I've had some great CCs but most of them haven't been. Maybe I'll change my mind one day, but for now I'll usually take a quality Nic or DR over a CC.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
CC no questions. Never had an Opus that blew me away and wowed me. But I've had several CCs that I can smoke just those for rest of my life.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If I was going to be stranded on a desert island, and I could have a single box of one or the other, I would choose the Opus X. Not for the reasons you may think though. I actually prefer a properly aged CC to a properly aged Opus X, same goes for young of each. But, if I know I only get ONE box for the rest of my life, I'm not taking a chance that several sticks in that box aren't even smokable.

That is where the Opus X shines over CC's, their smokability percentage far surpasses any CC. I love CC's, and many of them are my favorite smokes, but sometimes their rollers can cause more frustration than enjoyment, not everytime, just sometimes.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Id go with Opus. While I dont know about the cost of most CC's since I dont buy them. 13-16 for an Opus is reasonable and I have no problem spending that.

Taste wise while I havent had alot of CC's and dont know the age on the ones I have had since they were all gifts. I dont think I have had a CC that I was like I want another one of those. Generally I am underwhelmed by the CC's I have had.

Just my .02