What's new

Orvis Bandera Leather Jacket

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
it is so funny how people can be so alike in some respects, i.e. cigars, and yet so different in others, i.e. tastes in clothing (jackets). I could never see myself in a leather bobmber jacket for some reason.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
it is so funny how people can be so alike in some respects, i.e. cigars, and yet so different in others, i.e. tastes in clothing (jackets). I could never see myself in a leather bobmber jacket for some reason.
I couldn't ever see myself in any leather jacket living here. A sweater is about the most I wear during winter.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
jcgoldner said:
Larry, I agree with you 100% on that point! When I first started in construction in 1980 my Uncle told me to buy good boots and he recommended I try Red Wings. I went to the Red Wing store and saw the price was over $100 so I stayed with the $40 cheap boots I'd been wearing. I finally tried the Red Wings a few years later and found out what he was talking about. I never went back to the cheap stuff! Some things are just worth more!
Funny you mention the Red Wings, my father is the same way, its all he'll wear.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, we stopped by the Orvis store in Tyson's Corner and checked this out while trying to help the contractions along.

I guess I never really paid attention but the buttons don't go all the way up, this jacket is basically a three button leather sports coat, like a blazer or suit coat. I was so dissapointed!

Oh well, I guess I need to start looking for another coat.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Well, we stopped by the Orvis store in Tyson's Corner and checked this out while trying to help the contractions along.

I guess I never really paid attention but the buttons don't go all the way up, this jacket is basically a three button leather sports coat, like a blazer or suit coat. I was so dissapointed!

Oh well, I guess I need to start looking for another coat.
So this is really a sports jacket and not an outer wear jacket? :scratchhe If that is the case then I kind see the price as more inline. Kind of like a sports jacket made by Joseph Abud or Armini then the price is inline. :thumbsup: