What's new

Osama Bin Laden Dead

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
@Farani

Are you seriously comparing gitmo to the treatment prisoners get in Syria? Ignorant..Just saying.

Thanks alot Clint now you got me doing it too!
Sorry, Bro!

Hey...I think we can ALL agree that this is great news, and all of us repsect our military for getting this done.

I think that this issue will attract lots of varying opinions....It's impossible to avoid.

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Not here to argue...or call others ignorant, unlike some. I'm just pointing out the fact that telling someone else not to do something when you yourself are doing the same thing, it doesn't matter to what degree, is hypocritical by definition. If this doesn't bother you, that's fine, I'm still free to call a fact a fact...not expressing an opinion one way or the other. No need for name-calling...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Not here to argue...or call others ignorant, unlike some. I'm just pointing out the fact that telling someone else not to do something when you yourself are doing the same thing, it doesn't matter to what degree, is hypocritical by definition. If this doesn't bother you, that's fine, I'm still free to call a fact a fact...not expressing an opinion one way or the other. No need for name-calling...
No arguing allowed:)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Sadly, we really do have trouble keeping these types of discussions from back and forth, don't we?

Farani, please note that even though "ignorant" has become an insult used by the...uh...ignorant, it simply means that someone believes you are lacking in knowledge on a particular issue. It's not name calling, necessarily.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Sadly, we really do have trouble keeping these types of discussions from back and forth, don't we?

Farani, please note that even though "ignorant" has become an insult used by the...uh...ignorant, it simply means that someone believes you are lacking in knowledge on a particular issue. It's not name calling, necessarily.
Yeah these disscussions will alway occur, decided to create a post in the political debate where we can continue these debates and leave this for the congratulations to the praising of USA victory.

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=52218

blind2reason

My Mom Thinks I'm Cool
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish we would have taken him alive. He has stated that the US would never take him alive and we gave him what he wanted by turning him into a martyr. Meh, at least he's gone and the victims of 9/11 will hopefully be able to find peace knowing that the radical who was responsible for the death of many is no more. Hehe, I find it funny his body was disposed of the same way as Megatron's..

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks for the read, pietaster!

glad this bastid got what's coming, and i'm glad he got buried within 24 hours (the ocean is a great middle finger). :applause:

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I saw all these ppeps on television celebrating....which is fine...but they were all like 20 years old, and I was sitting here thinking they probably dont even remember 9/11. I was 19 and remember exactly what I did that day. On another note it was ironic to me thinking back to how on that day I saw these people celebrating the death of Americans on TV....waving flags, and cheering, and now here we are right back at them. God bless our troops, and the families that support them. Cheers all!

Farani

Actually a Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
67   0   0

Oh, I'm well aware of that, sir...I felt in this instance it was more of name-calling, though. I am also well aware that the situation in Syria is different and the treatment is different, but torture is torture is torture in a logical argument, the degree is inconsequential. Thus, I am not ignorant of the the facts; they just don't pertain to this argument.

I do have to say that I don't feel I brought us off-topic at all. If bin Laden's death gets us discussing what is going on in the world, that's a good thing, and very on-topic. Terrorism doesn't occur in a vacuum; sure some of these people are insane, but others are merely reacting to what they feel is unfair and unjust, and if they view us as saying torture is okay for us but not for you, it could breed more terrorism. And people outside of the US who do not like us most likely see us a hypocritical when it comes to torture. That's just plain and simple. I'm not trying to argue for or against it, nor do I want to start an argument with anyone on here. I just wanted to point that out and keep that in our consciousness. I do apologize for causing any trouble, though, as that was not my intention.

Last edited:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Happy he's dead but he achieved his goals. He stripped the U.S.A. of it's armor and exposed us as vulnerable. He divided our country while uniting Muslims all over the world, and all the while dragging us into wars that helped to cripple our economy. The Muslim Brotherhood has never been as powerful, especially now with the U.S. in it's back pocket.

The news of his death is like a shot of morphine, you feel the euphoria but the disease still exists.
Is it a great thing that he is gone? Absolutely! But do not celebrate his death. It just makes us look just like those who celebrated 9/11. Instead celebrate those who made the ultimate sacrifice to get us to this day!
exactly. the news coverage of young people dancing in the streets is ridiculous. the majority of them were probably not even old enough to remember 9-11. they're just on twitter and facebook and wanted to get on tv. and the media is only tooo happy to oblige.
Exactly! Bin Laden does not deserve to breathe the same air as good people and with his death there is sure to be revenge from his followers. This should be sobering to those who have already lost family and friends because of his tactics. To celebrate in the streets as they did when our servicemen were killed and others beheaded is mind numbing...what BrandonP posted as well as hdroadglide is right on the money. I don't want our nation to look anything like what they did...we are better than that.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As if the BP Oil Spill and tsunami didn't do enought to f*ck up seafood for all of us...now we drop THIS guy in the ocean as well??

I can see it now....

WAHOO ALLAHU AKBAR sashimi :hysterica

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Oh, I'm well aware of that, sir...I felt in this instance it was more of name-calling, though. I am also well aware that the situation in Syria is different and the treatment is different, but torture is torture is torture in a logical argument, the degree is inconsequential. Thus, I am not ignorant of the the facts; they just don't pertain to this argument.
Fair enough. However, the concept of 'torture is torture is torture' is one that is fairly heavily debated. Certainly others have differing opinions from yours on that matter and seeing degrees where you do not could be lead to believe that you were missing facts. Either way, I'm getting close to trying to speak for someone else and I shouldn't be doing that.

Farani said:
I do have to say that I don't feel I brought us off-topic at all. If bin Laden's death gets us discussing what is going on in the world, that's a good thing, and very on-topic. Terrorism doesn't occur in a vacuum; sure some of these people are insane, but others are merely reacting to what they feel is unfair and unjust, and if they view us as saying torture is okay for us but not for you, it could breed more terrorism. And people outside of the US who do not like us most likely see us a hypocritical when it comes to torture. That's just plain and simple. I'm not trying to argue for or against it, nor do I want to start an argument with anyone on here. I just wanted to point that out and keep that in our consciousness. I do apologize for causing any trouble, though, as that was not my intention.
I agree, it's a good discussion to have, it just may belong more in the Debate forum than the General Discussion forum.

Klusterbuck

Corrupted At An Early Age
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Anyone else make this connection yet....

I am pretty sure that Bin Laden was killed by none other than Charlie Sheen.

Sometime in the 80's he was in a movie called "Navy Seals"....

And we all know how Charlie finishes everything...

he finishes by "WINNING"......