What's new

Outdoor smoking

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So it's 43 degrees here in Wa (I know it's much colder in other parts of this world but I'm not there, I'm here) and I have a new toy. I bought a small propane heater thingy and am giving it a test run tonight.
Not bad. I need some angle on it though. My knees are toasty and the rest of me is ok. This will do just fine when it's not dumping buckets or rain to keep me smoking through part of our winter here.
View attachment 46390
You mention it keeps knees down warm, but not so much up top. I run a very similar heater but instead of a 20lb. tank, I have it hitched to a 40lb. tank. The increased height does a great job of whole body coverage. And less trips to store for refills. Just a thought.

Here's my weather..so heater will be fired up for sure.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Costco has a nice electric dish heater similar to your propane one. Reasonable price if I remember and does a nice job when you relatively close to it

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I was checking that out too. Its a bigger "dish". Ive returned that one I had originally then tried one of those constructions blower deals. Much better but like having a jet on my patio. Not good when the HOA gets involved so that went back today and I picked up a dual propane unit like the one I started with but with dual burners. Once I get it set up Ill post it up here.

I want to go to San Diego and smoke on that patio....damn nice!

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
i used to huddle in a shed with a 5,000 btu space heater (barely enough to keep your legs warm), with a big jacket and proper ventilation, it was passable even in 20 deg weather. However I now have a garage, so mancave it is. (100' cable for the cablebox and shelving for tv. just have to park my vette outside for a gar, minor inconvenience.)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Costco has a nice electric dish heater similar to your propane one. Reasonable price if I remember and does a nice job when you relatively close to it
Did you see the one that is a plug in with a parabolic fan type thing attached to it? I thought that was pretty nifty and was only 50 bucks but I didn't think it could hold up well in the cold.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
So it's 43 degrees here in Wa (I know it's much colder in other parts of this world but I'm not there, I'm here) and I have a new toy. I bought a small propane heater thingy and am giving it a test run tonight.
Not bad. I need some angle on it though. My knees are toasty and the rest of me is ok. This will do just fine when it's not dumping buckets or rain to keep me smoking through part of our winter here.
View attachment 46390
I use the same thing in my garage except mine has two burners on it. I just put my chair in a corner, point the heater at myself and fire it up. Keeps me nice and toasty and I can get about three weeks out of a tank of lp. Once things get below 20 degrees I have to throw on my wool coat as well.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I used to visit my B&M a lot in the winter and have a locker, but that was before two kids. Now if I get there once a month in the winter, I try to make sure it is on an event night so I can have cigars and dinner. Other than that I don't smoke much outside in the winter, but when I do it's a winter coat and bear it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garage for me in the winter. If I'm not going to be out there too long I fire up the 55,000 btu torpedo heater. If I'm going to spend a bit more time out there I put the wood burner to work.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankfully it never gets too cold here in the Philippines. Only during December to February. Even then, a comfy blanket is enough. Or me and my brother would just take it indoors. I find that cigar smoke dissipates really well and does not leave a smell as long as we remember to bring out the ashtray. My house Is pretty open with a lot windows though. So that might have helped.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's 39 and dropping here in Yakima, WA. I'm outside with a firepit going and layers of thermals. Smoking a La Gloria Cubana Serie N. German Shepherd at my side. Life is good.