What's new

Packers/Cowboys **BET PLACED**

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Unfortunately for Rich, he switched the bet from Opus to Premiums :rofl: :thumbsup: :applause: :hysterica
Haha no, I'm glad I made that call. I don't even know where I'd find some Opus around here to pay up if I had lost. And this way, it's not as big a blow to a die-hard Packer fan that his team lost!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Bad call??? Do you not watch football. Just because the idiots on NFL Network say it was. The CB reached out and grabbed Hurd, plain as day, then ran up on him. You can say all day that you think he tripped himself, but the stinkin DB grabbed his shoulder, twice!!! Bad Call???:skew:

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
He did have a hand on his shoulder, did he grab him, not a chance, the hand was not even an issue. If you look at the reply, the ref on the goal line was clearly saying "no penalty, legs got tangled", then a freaking flag comes in from 80yds away by a ref who didn't have his glasses screwed on straight. It was a terrible call. Not to mention the take away Harris had on Owens that they said the whistle blew. These quick whistles are getting old, just ask the Broncos last week against the Bears.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I did think the call where their legs got tangled was BS. And it didn't really matter to me which team won.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Watch the film, he turned his shoulder. Not much, but he turned his shoulder. Any time you pull someone while they're running, its going to get them off stride. Plus, if you're running behind someone, not making a play on the ball, and you trip them, it is pass interference, it doesn't matter if it's incidental or not. He was not making a play on the ball, so he can not touch him at all.

On the Harris play, you're probably right, I was in the can on that play. I saw part of the replay on that. Was it reviewed? I don't know if there was a good enough angle to overturn it, though.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Watch the film, he turned his shoulder. Not much, but he turned his shoulder. Any time you pull someone while they're running, its going to get them off stride. Plus, if you're running behind someone, not making a play on the ball, and you trip them, it is pass interference, it doesn't matter if it's incidental or not. He was not making a play on the ball, so he can not touch him at all.

On the Harris play, you're probably right, I was in the can on that play. I saw part of the replay on that. Was it reviewed? I don't know if there was a good enough angle to overturn it, though.
They did review it, but I was at a Christmas concert and just saw video and not sound so I don't know what there reasoning was. There was an angle from say the Cowboys backfield looking toward the endzone that really gave a good view. It was a take away. Either way, the better team won, it's not like the Packers were gonna go 15-1 anyway, but the home field advantage would've been nice.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It is nice.:thumbsup:

I was impressed at how hard GB played when they got in a hole. They're going to be a good team for awhile. Especially with those 2 rookie WR.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1

I was impressed at how hard GB played when they got in a hole. They're going to be a good team for awhile. Especially with those 2 rookie WR.
That is the talk around town, as the youngest team in the NFL, you'd think with a little maturity we could be contenders again. Time will tell.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

How about that backup QB. Talk about depth in your organization!!!

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Ya, but it's tough on a defense when they don't get to gameplan a QB. He looked really good, but so did AJ Feeley last week. We all know Feeley isn't a good starting QB, though I'd take him as a backup. I'd like to see Rodgers in an extended tryout before I'd be comfortable, especially since he's from Cal. That ain't going to happen. though, until Favre retires, and Rodgers might have moved on by then.