What's new

Padilla

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want a time machine so I can go back 5 years, and buy about 15 boxes of the Pepin made 1932's. I smoked one of my last one's a few months ago, and it is absolutely one of the best cigars ever made.

The new blends are ok, but I don't ever find myself with an urge to buy or smoke them anymore.

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I used to smoke a lot of Padillas when they first came out with the Hybrid. When Pepin made the Miami 8&11 i really liked them when they actually burned. I had a ton of those with fireproof wrappers. After those I havent really smoked many Padillas...

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I think the new ones are good but only if they have about six months to sit. You can get the 1932's and the Miamis for $2-4 pet stick. They are an amazing value for that price. I would not buy them for MSPS.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Ive had a couple Obsidians and they were HORRIBLE.
But im fairly sure that they werent from the OR.
I did not really like the obsidians either.

And haven't really smoked many Padillas after they split from Pewpein. I ran thru the last 12 Pepin 1932 and moved on. The new stuff is lacking INHO

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I want a time machine so I can go back 5 years, and buy about 15 boxes of the Pepin made 1932's. I smoked one of my last one's a few months ago, and it is absolutely one of the best cigars ever made.

The new blends are ok, but I don't ever find myself with an urge to buy or smoke them anymore.
I agree. Luckily my local still had some boxes a few months ago. I found another box of 8/11 that were marked hand rolled by Pepin - fantastic smoke.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just saw the other day my local still has the original 8&11s and nearly full boxes of padillia 32's from 07. Both great blends. I have a few of the 8&11 torps rolled by pepin. I truly savor them. The habano is not bad also, but not one of my fav padillas. If i had to pick one, i would say the 32 oscuro from a few years back. What an awesome smoke.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I must be in the minority, I prefer the taste of the new Sig 32s over the Pepin rolled. Less pepper and more flavor. Granted it is a little milder and there will be some that burn like crap but I do like them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I picked up my first box of 1932 back in Jan 2009, I was hoping for Pepin rolled smokes. They were not Pepin rolled, and while disappointed, I fired one up and was struck by how perfectly it smoked, and generated such huge plums of smoke. After several months in the humidor, these cigars were smoking great, and quickly became on of my favorites. It turns out these 1932's were produced at Raices Cubanas in Honduras.

Other than Pepin, Raices Cubanas is the only other factory to produce the 1932.

Of all he Padilla cigars, the 1932 still towers above my list as my favorite.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Padilla Limitado 2006 EE Obsidian sat im my humi, cant wait to get arund to that one, not had too many Padilla's

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friendly tip for those who like the Padilla Habano... there are boxes of toros on cbid free fall right now with less than a day left on the listing. They seem to be bottoming out at $39.50 before resetting. I couldn't pass them up for under $2 a stick.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really don't like Padillas after trying 6 of their lines, but I have to conceed the 1932 is the exception to me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMO the best padilla was the Miami when it came out of the Pepin factory....hands down. If you can get your hands on some of these i would! But don't waste your time if they are the post pepin times...such disappointment