What's new

Padilla

Rating - 96.7%
32   1   0
Love Padillas! Been a fan now for many years. The first one I ever smoked were the old Miami 8&11's. They can still be found at several B&Ms. Padilla may be one of the best bargains at the moment since many of his sticks can be had for a song and dance. I personally love the Habano and Serie 68's. Don't care for the new Miami's though. I have a 32 that I havent sparked yet, alot of hype on this stick.

Whistlebritches

NON SIBI SED PATRIAE
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a Padilla fan for a long time.I rank most of Ernesto's stuff right up there with some of Havana's finest......and on par or better than most Tats.That being said.........those of you comparing Pepin era and post-Pepin era Miami's need only look to the corona in this line,which to my knowledge was never available from Pepin's factory.This cigar IMHO is without a doubt Ernesto's finest creation to date and rivals most any available NC or CC for that matter.This filler/binder/wrapper ratio is the perfect combination to this blend.I like the churchill also......but it's not even in the same league with the corona....again IMHO.

As for the 32......I prefer the post-Pepin sticks with a year or so's age.In this line I prefer the lancero and robusto vitolas.

I think you'll find a lot of Pepin era sticks to be somewhat underfilled which leads to lots of burn issues.Post Pepin sticks seem to be remedied of this problem under Ernesto's watchful eye.If what I've said here leads you to believe I'm stating that Pepin was putting the shaft to Ernesto............Bravo,you catch on quick grasshopper.........He was.I also like a lot of Pepin sticks.Those with his name on them have never suffered this problem.I will continue to buy Pepin sticks........however I will not ever do business with him personally.

Ron

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I liked the couple of Dominus I've had and the Miami corona's also were rather good to me. Of course, I picked them up at the right price for those post-Pepin sticks.

I think I've seen a coupe of reviews on our board. Check 'em out.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Been a big fan of Padilla Cigars for a long time. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in his living room right now and smoking a 1932. It's excellent.

Miami and 1932 are my definite favorites.

Best,
JD

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Been a big fan of Padilla Cigars for a long time. As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in his living room right now and smoking a 1932. It's excellent.

Miami and 1932 are my definite favorites.

Best,
JD
And what is he smoking? :cbig: When's the next fishing trip, I want to win some of my money back! :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My local B&M had a Padilla Event last month and I picked up a 5er of the Dominus Toro Gordo. Just smoked one today and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to trying some of the others.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've been a Padilla fan for a long time.I rank most of Ernesto's stuff right up there with some of Havana's finest......and on par or better than most Tats.That being said.........those of you comparing Pepin era and post-Pepin era Miami's need only look to the corona in this line,which to my knowledge was never available from Pepin's factory.This cigar IMHO is without a doubt Ernesto's finest creation to date and rivals most any available NC or CC for that matter.This filler/binder/wrapper ratio is the perfect combination to this blend.I like the churchill also......but it's not even in the same league with the corona....again IMHO.

As for the 32......I prefer the post-Pepin sticks with a year or so's age.In this line I prefer the lancero and robusto vitolas.

I think you'll find a lot of Pepin era sticks to be somewhat underfilled which leads to lots of burn issues.Post Pepin sticks seem to be remedied of this problem under Ernesto's watchful eye.If what I've said here leads you to believe I'm stating that Pepin was putting the shaft to Ernesto............Bravo,you catch on quick grasshopper.........He was.I also like a lot of Pepin sticks.Those with his name on them have never suffered this problem.I will continue to buy Pepin sticks........however I will not ever do business with him personally.

Ron
don't me wrong i don't think they are bad smokes now at all just liked them better back in the day is all :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miami 8 & 11 was straight up awesome and Pepin did a great job on those (as if), but I also enjoyed the Padilla Habano that was made by Oliva. Not to mention his orgininal Maduro line that was a wonderful San Andreas maduro wrapper, very rich and bold. Padilla don't put 'em out like he did. But hey I just dabble with cigars a bit not much.

Cigar_Ben

NiceTightAsh.com
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The Padilla I've ever smoked was the original 1932 by Pepin, but right now, I love his Miami in the corona size. To be honest, nothing that Ernie has put out I didn't like. That's rare.

Centro33

Smoke. Quaff. Sleep.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I pretty much worship Pepín, I tend to think that the new Raíces Cubanas stuff is even better. Reasonable minds can differ, but I think the new Miami is much tastier than the old ones, which I loved.

And the 1932 is still phenomenal.

Smokinfine

Corona Gorda
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I thought the Pepin rolled Padilla 1932 Lancero were one of the best cigars I ever had. I have been less than impressed with the recent Padilla including the 1932 and Miami.

mk05

It is what it is
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
no difference imo between the pepin rolled and the RC version - if you discount the aging. It's the same thing...unless we're talking about the 32 lancero of course.