What's new

Palio Cigar Cutter News

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I'm not too pressed about it at all. I know Jack & Marc would LOVE to have had them available by the holiday buying season, no doubt. BUT, it's a testament to how much more they value a quality product that bares their name over making a quick buck :thumbsup:

~Mark

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Of course it was not intentional.

The only beef I could see people having is the way they kept telling the vendors "Soon" and "Next Week".

Honesty is very important.

If it is not going to be ready then say so. Really quite a simple concept.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hey if Ashton can get away with it for the period they did without reprocussions, Palio certainly can. I tride Randy's at the Vegas herf and must say that is quite a cutter. Maybe they will be around in time for my birthday and I can drop a hint to the wifey.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Of course it was not intentional.

The only beef I could see people having is the way they kept telling the vendors "Soon" and "Next Week".

Honesty is very important.

If it is not going to be ready then say so. Really quite a simple concept.
Being a new process and design I'm sure each day they gave as an estimate, they honestly thought would happen, but things came up that needed to be addressed...which changed the release. ( Just my guess)

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
getting simple things manufactured is not easy. Something like a cutter that requires close tolerances is much harder. Good things come to those who wait. There are only 2 peole who are more anxious than all the Palio customers, and thats the owners of Palio.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hey if Ashton can get away with it for the period they did without reprocussions, Palio certainly can. I tride Randy's at the Vegas herf and must say that is quite a cutter. Maybe they will be around in time for my birthday and I can drop a hint to the wifey.
:rofl:

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Being a new process and design I'm sure each day they gave as an estimate, they honestly thought would happen, but things came up that needed to be addressed...which changed the release. ( Just my guess)
No doubt. I'm not saying it was on purpose at all.

Maybe honesty was not the right word...maybe they should have just been a little more conservative on their estimates.

Especially after the first date passed by.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
No doubt. I'm not saying it was on purpose at all.
Maybe honesty was not the right word...maybe they should have just been a little more conservative on their estimates.
Especially after the first date passed by.
Well, their inital estimate was dead on. What happened was they had 1 company that was to apply the new finishes and after extensive sampling, they determined that it wasn't perfect (I saw it and couldn't tell but Palios is VERY meticulous indeed!). So, they decided instead of releasing a product that THEY were not 100% happy with putting their name on, they found another company to apply the new finishes and had to go through the whole sampling process again.

The "updates" were my doing. I was basing it on the most current info that I had which of course changes on a daily basis.

I'd hate to speculate on when they are to arrive (*cough*any day now*cough*) but I don't expect it to be much longer at all.

Hope this helps
~Mark

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screw the Palio just bite the damm tip off like the Cubans do....

Got my original black Palio the other day......thanks for the deal Mark

stick

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of off topic, but.. Just curious where someone would send a 2 year old Palio that might be in need of sharpening, it cuts still but sometmes it does tear or crush as it is cutting.

Chip

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Kind of off topic, but.. Just curious where someone would send a 2 year old Palio that might be in need of sharpening, it cuts still but sometmes it does tear or crush as it is cutting.

Chip
You can exchange it at any authorized Palio vendor or return it to Palio for an exchange.

Hope this helps
~Mark

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just out of curiosity, have you tried wiping the cutting edges with a Q-tip soaked in alcohol? If not, try it. You might not have to send it back. Otherwise, just send it to Palio, and they'll take care of you.

BTW, Merry Christmas, gang!!! :bottle:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
The alcohol works very well for me. Gets rid of all the tobacco oils that can build up.