What's new

Palio Cutters

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Claudius said:
Being able to let the cigar rest on it is very practical, especially in restaurants or bars which dont have decent size ashtrays.
I like that feature, like you said very handy and practical.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the Palio(s) yesterday and cut a few cigars with it: it's the best cutter I have ever used. I gave one to a friend (who's been smoking cigars for ten years) and it's the best cutter he has ever used, too.

The Palio cuts cigars so quick and efforlessly that cutting a cigar has evolved from something you hope to get right to something you actually look forward to doing.

IMO, the reason the Palio cuts so well is that the blades are mounted on "rails". There is no way they can move around (like they can and do in a Xikar) and they're very thin, sharp and hard. The cut is perfect, straight, no fray. Just perfect :thumbsup:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Claudius said:
IMO, the reason the Palio cuts so well is that the blades are mounted on "rails". There is no way they can move around (like they can and do in a Xikar) and they're very thin, sharp and hard. The cut is perfect, straight, no fray. Just perfect :thumbsup:
I agree...It's a very good design for a cigar cutter :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hey other Palio owners out there, what do you use to clean yours? Mine is starting to pick up junk from using it on every cigar I smoke and was wondering what method of cleaning would work best to get in there.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Couldn't you just blow it out with compressed air and then wash it under water? :dunno: But then again, I'm not Palio Rep.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I might be hesitant to use water. Even though its stainless you never know. Air I would definitely use. Maybe alcohol? :dunno:s

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I clean all my cutters, including the Palio, the same way: Q-tip dipped in alcohol. Works really well. I try to remember to do it once every week or two. Try it --- you'll like it.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
joshua said:
Hey other Palio owners out there, what do you use to clean yours? Mine is starting to pick up junk from using it on every cigar I smoke and was wondering what method of cleaning would work best to get in there.

Its dishwasher safe....no?

mikes

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
joshua said:
Does it say that? Should I try and find out. They do have a lifetime warranty don't they?
I am not sure if it's dishwasher safe but I bet you could put them on the top rack and be ok.

BTW - Lifetime warranty does not cover melting :glassesgr

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Found this on the Xikar.com site for cleaning and maintenance. I would have to think would be the same for Palio cutters. GL

We recommend that you periodically clean and lubricate the locking / opening mechanism on XI cutters and knives. Simply place a couple of drops of a quality graphite lubricant (such as TUF GLIDE or LOCK EASE) in the mechanism, and operate the unit for deep penetration. Wipe away excess lubricant when finished. The locking mechanism of XI cutters can be accessed through the hole that appears above the release button when the cutter is open.

Blades may be cleaned of debris using rubbing alcohol. We also recommend using a soft chamois cloth to polish the blade steel.

We also recommend periodic tightening of the body screws. This will keep your tool functioning like new.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yep, that's the best way to clean them. Use a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip and good as new.

~M