What's new

Pappy Van Winkle

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
...They are only doing a fall release this year...
that MIGHT not be completely true...

Here's the rub folks:

They aren't doing an official spring release like normal. HOWEVER some liquor stores have gotten a couple bottles. They're trying to bulk up production for the fall release.

If you can find another bottle of the 15, holler at me. I've been hunting pappy for 2 years and I'm in no man's land when it comes to booze.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0

Here's the rub folks:

They aren't doing an official spring release like normal. HOWEVER some liquor stores have gotten a couple bottles. They're trying to bulk up production for the fall release.

If you can find another bottle of the 15, holler at me. I've been hunting pappy for 2 years and I'm in no man's land when it comes to booze.

No offense but if I found it, I would prob give the botl that started the thread searching for it a holler first!

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Here's the rub folks:

No offense but if I found it, I would prob give the botl that started the thread searching for it a holler first!
Shit, I didn't even read the first page to know he was still looking. I thought it was just a discussion page.

Yes, definitely hook up OP first! If you have more, thennnn I'll take some. No offense taken!

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I had to do an absurd amount of calling around to the big distributor here just to figure out where it goes in nov. Then on top of that you have to figure out which stores have it where it isn't promised to someone else.

If you enjoy the hunt and you are a bourbon connoisseur then go for it and enjoy. Just know its a pain in the ass to acquire. But I have had two bottles of the 12 it and I don't think its worth the hype. While I do find Pappy delicious there are tons of great bourbons/whiskeys out there that you can acquire without the hassle that stand up to Pappy.
Agree 100% on the 12 , the 15 seems to be the most bang for the buck but only at MSRP

Herfin' Harg

BoM March 2012
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
I had to do an absurd amount of calling around to the big distributor here just to figure out where it goes in nov. Then on top of that you have to figure out which stores have it where it isn't promised to someone else.

If you enjoy the hunt and you are a bourbon connoisseur then go for it and enjoy. Just know its a pain in the ass to acquire. But I have had two bottles of the 12 it and I don't think its worth the hype. While I do find Pappy delicious there are tons of great bourbons/whiskeys out there that you can acquire without the hassle that stand up to Pappy.
This is bc I claimed a number of the Dallas bottles last year! Muahahaha!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread in anticipation of this years fall release...if anyone has any leads, I'd appreciate it. I'm in state run PA and calling around gets me nothing....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes!! I was hoping to score one or twoof their lower end bottles. They are impossible to find here in PA.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link navyvet. Looks like I'm going to have to drive a bit but at least there's hope. Lol

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I usually get lucky and snag a bottle each year, but it took alot of legwork to get that started. Get on lists and buddy-up to your local shops that get it. Most places I know value loyalty & they often offer it to their loyal customers first

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ sweemzander I hear ya buddy but thats what makes is so hard here - in PA liquor can only be sold by the state so instead of finding a nice local shop and building a relationship with the owner or manager, I have to go through government channels. navyvet was kind enough to share the pappy vendor link but even that only has the number to the state liquor control board. It's literally like trying to find a classic car by going to the dmv...smh. I have a few out of state friends so I may try to get on those lists and go from there.