What's new

Paranoid...

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
Yeah, I have now personally talked to 10+ people with stuff getting held/confiscated up at ISC NY in the past 20 days. It's also not just one vendor either, it's across multiple vendors from different parts of the world. so i do not think its a case of a particular vendor being flagged. I would just be cautious for now and maybe not purchase higher ticket items for a little bit. and i would only go to vendors you have a solid relationship with in the event your stuff does get seized.

TimEye

Tim
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 Miles South of the Football Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure my latest box purchase has been seized as well - my first ever experience with this. It's been sitting at ISC NY for well over a week with no updates at all. I just contacted my vendor to see if they know anything. Kinda sucks, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later... :(
I've had packages sit at ISC for over ten days and still received them..... sometimes they only sit for two or three days.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Gotcha. I was thinking that there might be a possibility that they'd go through a different place because of my location, but NY makes more sense than IL. Oh well, like I said...fingers crossed. Doesn't help that I have no tracking number from the vendor either...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm pretty sure my latest box purchase has been seized as well - my first ever experience with this. It's been sitting at ISC NY for well over a week with no updates at all. I just contacted my vendor to see if they know anything. Kinda sucks, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later... :(
I've had packages sit at ISC for over ten days and still received them..... sometimes they only sit for two or three days.
Ditto. Mine sat in NY forever, and never updated the tracking. The package literally arrived at my door while I was yelling at my computer for the package being stuck in NY.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Ditto. Mine sat in NY forever, and never updated the tracking. The package literally arrived at my door while I was yelling at my computer for the package being stuck in NY.
I may have spoke too soon then. Still showing in NY with no update today. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had a box seized in back in Feb. (2012) but fortunately it was a relatively cheap purchase. Since then I've received three Jars and several other packages. Today (8/10), I received a package from an order placed on July 31st, which used up my credit from the Feb order, but I'm probably going to lay low for a while... unless I find some good stuff at Oktoberfest...:innocent:

TimEye

Tim
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a box seized in NY. I have been speaking with several brothers through PM's on this forum and other forums and confiscations seem to be soaring right now. My vendor was solid and told me that they got confiscated even before I knew they were and had a second box shipped (i don't get caught up in following tracking info). If this box comes through safely, I am probably going to be on a buying freeze for a while to let things cool down before we have another chicago situation on our hands
Sorry to hear about this. It's definitely random. I had a box seized in late June, but had another box from another vendor pass while the other was being confiscated. Then the replacement box came through OK. Just had another box delivered today......
The crazy thing is this; the box that arrived yesterday had "Zigarren" written right on the declaration label! Go figure???

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about all the customs problems bros in the US are having. :(

I don't understand why the US still bans Cubans. Cuba (and Communism in general) stopped being a threat ages ago.

I personally am starting to prefer Nicaraguans. The Olivas and DEs I've had have been superb, with excellent flavor, construction and burn characteristics. Cubans on the other hand have been more hit and miss. Crazily tight draws, uneven burning and cigars that go out after being set down for just a minute. >.<

I recently smoked a Partagas Lusitania that was stupidly tight. It's a big double corona so you can imagine what a pain that was.

TimEye

Tim
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy thing is this; the box that arrived yesterday had "Zigarren" written right on the declaration label! Go figure???
Swiss laws state that you have to accurately declare what the contents of a package are.
Right, I read about that. I should have been more specific; the box that WAS seized DIDN'T have "Zigarren" written on the box. Go figure! That's actually funny; 'funny: Boo Hoo', not 'funny: Ha Ha'. :cursing:

Last edited:
Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
i've had a few boxes come through that have said 25 cigars on the declaration label. customs does not have the manpower or money to inspect every single package that comes through.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
i've had a few boxes come through that have said 25 cigars on the declaration label. customs does not have the manpower or money to inspect every single package that comes through.
Every box I've ever ordered (at least 8) has said "25 cigars" on the declaration label. I always thought that was kind of dumb, but now that I know it's required by law, it makes a lot more sense.

BTW, I just tracked my package in question & it literally just updated to "processed through USPS sort facility" in Bethpage, NY at 11:55 PM tonight - a full 11 days after it hit ISO. I guess I'm gonna dodge a bullet on this one. Quite a relief.... :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do most vendors provide a tracking number? Mine didn't and is also the same vendor that had major credit card issues so I'm kinda sketched out. Should have gone with the original vendor I was going to use. You live and learn I guess. Feel free to PM me if you are more comfortable with that.