What's new

Passing of a mentor and BOTL

Dran

"That guy"
DONOR
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I know I'm not the only one that has wondered how @cigary is doing from time to time. Sadly, I just learned that he very recently passed away. I had several off forum conversations with him and he was always quick to offer advice on anything from cigars to tea selections to life's struggles. I never did get to smoke one with him, though I came very close one time when he was shooting his commercial! However, I plan on smoking one with him in spirit when my evening winds down tonight. He hadn't seemed very active in recent years, but he reminded me in PMs a few times that he was still watching the activities here.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
He was the first person to rip my ass for saying something he didn't agree with. That was on a different forum, when I came over here I had a different screen name and we never had a cross word. Thanks for letting us know.

Dran

"That guy"
DONOR
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
He was the first person to rip my ass for saying something he didn't agree with. That was on a different forum, when I came over here I had a different screen name and we never had a cross word. Thanks for letting us know.
I guess it may have actually been "some time" ago, but I just found out and didn't recall seeing anything here about it.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
DONOR
Rating - 100%
393   0   0
He helped me with several things through advice and instruction when I first got into this hobby, the most significant of which was how to use kitty litter as a humidification medium. He may have come across as a little grumpy at times but he was always patient and helpful with me. I know that his health had been fading over the last couple of years so this does not come as a surprise but it is still tough to hear.

RIP @cigary your legacy lives on!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know I'm not the only one that has wondered how @cigary is doing from time to time. Sadly, I just learned that he very recently passed away. I had several off forum conversations with him and he was always quick to offer advice on anything from cigars to tea selections to life's struggles. I never did get to smoke one with him, though I came very close one time when he was shooting his commercial! However, I plan on smoking one with him in spirit when my evening winds down tonight. He hadn't seemed very active in recent years, but he reminded me in PMs a few times that he was still watching the activities here.

I didn't want to "like" a post that someone passed, but wanted to thank you for sharing the news.

Weird thing is about a month ago he popped in my mind and I kinda poked around and hadn't seen any recent activity.

R.I.P.