What's new

Passing of a mentor and BOTL

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I know I'm not the only one that has wondered how @cigary is doing from time to time. Sadly, I just learned that he very recently passed away. I had several off forum conversations with him and he was always quick to offer advice on anything from cigars to tea selections to life's struggles. I never did get to smoke one with him, though I came very close one time when he was shooting his commercial! However, I plan on smoking one with him in spirit when my evening winds down tonight. He hadn't seemed very active in recent years, but he reminded me in PMs a few times that he was still watching the activities here.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
He was the first person to rip my ass for saying something he didn't agree with. That was on a different forum, when I came over here I had a different screen name and we never had a cross word. Thanks for letting us know.

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
He was the first person to rip my ass for saying something he didn't agree with. That was on a different forum, when I came over here I had a different screen name and we never had a cross word. Thanks for letting us know.
I guess it may have actually been "some time" ago, but I just found out and didn't recall seeing anything here about it.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
He helped me with several things through advice and instruction when I first got into this hobby, the most significant of which was how to use kitty litter as a humidification medium. He may have come across as a little grumpy at times but he was always patient and helpful with me. I know that his health had been fading over the last couple of years so this does not come as a surprise but it is still tough to hear.

RIP @cigary your legacy lives on!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know I'm not the only one that has wondered how @cigary is doing from time to time. Sadly, I just learned that he very recently passed away. I had several off forum conversations with him and he was always quick to offer advice on anything from cigars to tea selections to life's struggles. I never did get to smoke one with him, though I came very close one time when he was shooting his commercial! However, I plan on smoking one with him in spirit when my evening winds down tonight. He hadn't seemed very active in recent years, but he reminded me in PMs a few times that he was still watching the activities here.

I didn't want to "like" a post that someone passed, but wanted to thank you for sharing the news.

Weird thing is about a month ago he popped in my mind and I kinda poked around and hadn't seen any recent activity.

R.I.P.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Bummer. Hadn’t been on in a while and was checking my KL in my humidor and thought what’s Gary up to. Came on here and the second post I see is this. Sad to hear. Lift up one for him later. Learned a lot from him. Also learned how good regular Padrons are after time. Still have the same experiment going. I knew he wasn’t doing well from the last couple posts from him. Great dude. What was the drink he always had with this smokes? Drambue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Bummer. Hadn’t been on in a while and was checking my KL in my humidor and thought what’s Gary up to. Came on here and the second post I see is this. Sad to hear. Lift up one for him later. Learned a lot from him. Also learned how good regular Padrons are after time. Still have the same experiment going. I knew he wasn’t doing well from the last couple posts from him. Great dude. What was the drink he always had with this smokes? Drambue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad you pulled Drambuie out of the air! I knew it was something obscure, but would've never retrieved that from the backup drive!