What's new

Pens vs Caps

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Hmm, let me rethink my position. :ROFLMAO:
LOL I was going to respond to your original post. Not sure how you couldn't think that the Caps are the hottest team in the playoffs, their away record is fantastic and the guys are just playing good hockey...just seems like a very different team this year than previous years. Not to mention, holtby is playing VERY well. I am going to try and catch some of the knights jets game tonight, but I think with a healthy Backstrom back, this would be a really tough team to beat.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
LOL I was going to respond to your original post. Not sure how you couldn't think that the Caps are the hottest team in the playoffs, their away record is fantastic and the guys are just playing good hockey...just seems like a very different team this year than previous years. Not to mention, holtby is playing VERY well. I am going to try and catch some of the knights jets game tonight, but I think with a healthy Backstrom back, this would be a really tough team to beat.
Couldn't agree more. The Caps are kickin the Bolts' asses and taking names. If it weren't for two horrendous penalty calls last night the score would have been 6-0 Caps. The Jets are looking damn tough also.
However, there's plenty of hockey to be played yet......if you're Caps fan you know what I mean by saying I aint holding my breath.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
There's a big difference, never had much confidence in Holtby in the playoffs, but he is playing well for sure. Caps are also deeper than they've been.
That being said, I still think Winnipeg or Vegas could give them a good series.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Back to reality! Hopefully Backstrom will be back for the next game.
This is in no way an excuse because the Bolts outskated the Caps last night but, the officiating seems a little lopsided. I'm a casual fan of hockey until the playoffs start so I'm no expert. That being said, after the horrendous calls in game two and the "no calls" in games 1 and 3 I'm beginning to think this way.

You hockey players tell me what I'm missing.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
You're not going to win every one of them. It was encouraging to see the CAPS play much better in the third period. There was absolutely no intensity from them in the first two. Lots of sloppy mistakes and we need to do MUCH better on the penalty kill. Yes TB is a great at the power play, but we need to do better to clearing the puck. 5 goals out of the 8 have come from PP goals, just unacceptable.

Thursday is a must win for us, as a Caps fan I really hope they play like they did in Game 1 and Game 2.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Back to reality! Hopefully Backstrom will be back for the next game.
This is in no way an excuse because the Bolts outskated the Caps last night but, the officiating seems a little lopsided. I'm a casual fan of hockey until the playoffs start so I'm no expert. That being said, after the horrendous calls in game two and the "no calls" in games 1 and 3 I'm beginning to think this way.

You hockey players tell me what I'm missing.
Hockey players will say it all evens up in the long run. Unfortunately, it's all magnified in the playoffs, and with Mike Milbury whining about everything like the true Monday morning quarterback he is, it's even worse. Remember, the officials don't have the 7 slow motion angled replays we do. They gotta make the calls in real time.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Hockey players will say it all evens up in the long run. Unfortunately, it's all magnified in the playoffs, and with Mike Milbury whining about everything like the true Monday morning quarterback he is, it's even worse. Remember, the officials don't have the 7 slow motion angled replays we do. They gotta make the calls in real time.
Yeah, I guess you're right, brother. I can't say anything about Milbury whining...I'm doing my share of it.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Not worried about the calls. As @icehog3 said it's all about the long run and we have gotten our share of calls this playoff series. A goal called back that probably should have been a goal, so not complaining. I am pissed about the Capitals power kill play, we need to do better. Backstrom is back in tonight, so lets see if that can bolster some of our PP time and 5 v 5 time. Holtby also needs to step back up tonight. His play was relatively lackluster on Tuesday night. He needs to get back to form from the first two games. For some reason I just don't like our play in the verizon center (or capital one Center or whatever) - we just don't really show up there for big games.

We're up 2-1 in the series, so I am not panicking, BUT I think this would be a very big statement to the remaining three teams if we go up 3-1 in the series and go to close it out on Saturday. Will put some pressure on the knights/jets series.

Let's go CAPS!

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Yup - this should be a good one. Caps were the better team last night. They ran into a ROCK solid goalie. Let's hope they can break through him on home ice. You're not going to win games no matter the shots you put on goal if their goalie is playing that hot. 38 vs 20 shots on goal is just unreal. We had some great opportunities just did not break through.

I am still positive about this series 3 out of the 4 games the caps were the better team. Lets just hope that trend sticks and they should win it.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I am still positive about this series 3 out of the 4 games the caps were the better team. Lets just hope that trend sticks and they should win it.
I hope they do, but every hardcore Caps fan has to be feeling some dreaded deja vu right about now...

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
I hope they do, but every hardcore Caps fan has to be feeling some dreaded deja vu right about now...
Ohh don't get me wrong I wanted to WIN BAD last night, but I am taking a different approach this year instead of saying well hey this happens to us every year, lets just take a game at a time and be a bit more positive...maybe that will change the tide. If not, I will go back to the dreaded - DC curse view....:)