What's new

Personalized Otterboxes

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
It seems from time to time at herfs, my Otter box gets blends in and identifying which is mine is just not that easy. Nor would I want to inadvertently open someone else's. So, I took last evening to make sure I know for sure which are mine. A few cigar bands, and some bar top kraft kote, and bingo, personalized Otter boxes!

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Very cool, I may have to do the same, but since I'm keeping a journal of every new cigar I smoke, I will have to wait until the repaets come along to have extra bands.

Creativity is letting yourself make mistakes
Art is knowing which one toget rid of.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Realy nice.

I like the looks of that one. I personalized my Hali case a while ago as well.

Nothing like a little personalization to jazz the case up a bit.

The Opus bands look great on the black case you made there.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
It is a resin/hardner mix used to seal the top of a bar or I even saw a site that sells "cow chip" clocks. And uses Kraft Kote to seal the clock so your hands don't get dirty.
Yep, just a two part epoxy used in crafts as well. You can find it at most craft stores and woodworking stores. I used it to cover the top of the humidor I made for my office as well. Just mix to the ratio as instructed and pour it on. Have the item on a level surface as the mix is self leveling and then start popping bubbles if they appear (although most self pop). The thicker the coat, the quicker it dries. These are the other humidors I made, one for me and two for buddies of mine. Mine is the middle one thats open (Lacewood) and the others are Black Walnut and Birdseye Maple.

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
nice...I like the ops covered one...I smoked my first one last week and it was pretty good...bought it at our local...and smoked it 2 weeks later...ppl say ya need to get some age on them but it was good to me lol...len

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Very nice! I need to do that. Tell me more about this material you used if you could.