What's new

Personalized Otterboxes

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Very nice! I need to do that. Tell me more about this material you used if you could.
This is the stuff I use, it's served me well every time I've used it. Although they call for a 2 part epoxy to 1 part hardener ratio, I like to put just a bit more hardener in than they call for. Basically you just mix the proportions in a paper cup, stir well and pour onto the surface you want to cover. It pours slow so don't worry. Try not to create bubbles when stirring, but even if there's a few, usually the work their way to the top and pop automatically, but I still usually take a toothpick and work on them as well. Being liquid, it's going to self level, so be sure that whatever you pour it on is level. Then just wait for it to dry. The black box with the Opus bands is still somewhat tacky, it'll be dry in the morning. A little more hardener would've been better, and the thicker you can pour it on, the faster it dries. I believe because it creates more heat as the two chemicals react. It's really quite simple. A little pricey, but I had extra from the humidors I made.

Any other questions, just let me know!

Wade

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! I usually just sit a hand grenade on top of mine! :pitchfork Actually, I usually don't worry about whose is whose until it's closing time, since the nature of herfs is sharing sticks, and I usually stay sober enough to remember where I put mine.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
OK, this brings up a good question, how do you attach the thumbnails instead of the full size pics like I did. Man, I've been on these boards for years, and just can't figure out how to do that.
BTW, I love your stickers, very cool.
I have the opposite problem. To do the thumbnail you need to save the photo to your hard drive and attach it to your post, just like you would in an email. A window opens up and you browse your system to upload that file.