What's new

Pet Peeves Thread

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
ohpus said:
Buddy, You would hate me then!!! I can't even talk softly in a library. I've always had a volume problem.

My pet peeves are simple. People who don't use common courtesy such as saying thanks, your welcome and things like not opening doors.

Or not saying thank you if I say "bless you" when you sneeze. . . my uncle does this and it drives me nuts!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As already mentioned by others, loud eating noises grate on my nerves like little else. In the unlikely event that I ever commit murder in a fit of rage, the victim will probably be found with a mouth full of partially chewed food.

At work, I can't stand what I call telephone terrorists. You know, the people who call you up and take you hostage. Their motto: never say in two minutes, what you can say in twenty. They don't tell you what they want up front either. The worst offender in my office begins with excruciatingly long stories filled with tedious and often irrelevant details and when she finally does get to the point, she sometimes backs into it so obliquely that I often still don't know the core purpose of the call. What do you need from me? Just bloody tell me.

The vapid bleating by those of a certain political persuasion. 'Nuff said.

Junk science, pseudo-science, new age hoodoo, urban myths and legends, and all other manner of bovine fecal matter swallowed whole by people who simply couldn't be bothered to exercise a smidgen of critical thinking. Even worse, when they forward same to my inbox. Here's a clue, Sparky. It was BFM when I saw it 1, 2, 5, and 7 years ago...and it's BFM now.

Oh man, the list could go on and on. I think I'm a curmudgeon. Do they have support groups for that?

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
tobby4 said:
nah thats not wierd... i hate that as well as people who talk with food in their mouth... i mean shit just swallow and then talk its not that fuckin hard

I know, this is one of my all time most hated!:riflefire

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
People who pronouce nuclear as NUCULAR! I know even GW does it, but LOOK AT HOW IT'S SPELLED! IT AIN'T THAT HARD TO SAY! Damn, that one pisses me off! Can you tell?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Voice Mail and the long list of instructions and options before you get the beep allowing you to leave a message. Half the time I forgot why I called by then.
And the fact that each VM service has their own unique menu options. If it were standardized we'd all know what button to push so we could stop the freaking recording and just leave our message.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Basically, stupid people ARE my pet peeve. I have no time for their stupid ass in my life....get your stupid butt out of my space and go mow a lawn or something...

I'm sort of having a bad day...

MithShrike

Yerba mate for life.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What I hate a hell of a lot is the limp handshake. If your hand and my hand are roughly the same size then give me a firm handshake. I don't want to feel like I'm holding a dead fish.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
MithShrike said:
What I hate a hell of a lot is the limp handshake. If your hand and my hand are roughly the same size then give me a firm handshake. I don't want to feel like I'm holding a dead fish.

Mine is the "topper". The handshake that puts yours flat and underneath. If you're that power hungry, get out of my face.....

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
As long as we're on handshakes, I can't stand it when someone wears so much cologne that your hand smells like them for the rest of the day. Rude.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
MithShrike said:

Another one of my favorites... Just shake my fucking hand you pansy....