What's new

Pete losing Flor de Lis symbol??

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is a direct quote from Pete about this:

Guys, Please....This rumor has spread like wild fire.
There is no pending suit.
I have only been sent a letter of objection for the use of the Fleur and my lawyers are looking into it to see what is the best way to handle the situation. As you probably can understand, I have a ton of money invested into my brands and to have to change everything will cost a lot. I would prefer the issue just go away but we will see.
Thanks for the support......

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I registered here after reading through this thread to say that I am extremely unhappy with this move by Altadis. I agree with the others here in saying that whether Altadis manages to force Pete to remove the logo or not, the sheer quality of Pete's smokes will continue to sell the brand, not the logo. Are there those that smoke the logo on a cigar? Absolutely. I do not, however, feel that this is the case with the vast majority of Pete's fans. He may lose a couple sales over a possible lawsuit, but at the same time the public awareness of his brand would only increase over such a thing, thus more than likely boosting sales and interest. I for one agree with boycotting the Montecristo brand, even though it may do nothing in the face of a giant. Despite that, out of sheer principle and feelings I will do this just the same. I'm drafting up a letter to Altadis to tell them my feelings on this cowardly move, and if there is any interest I would like to start up a petition for Pete supporting him, with his permission of course. Pete, you have some seriously hardcore, loyal fans, and I have not a shadow of a doubt that all of us will support you with whatever means we have available to us.

I'll go post my introduction now, my apologies if I broke any forum rules by not doing so first, but I felt the overwhelming need to post this right away.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't the Fleur de Lis just a generally recognized symbol much like a star is a generalized symbol? Pete's Fleur has little in common with the one that Altadis uses except for its generalized form. There are all sorts of trademarked images that use some form of a star. I can't imagine that Altadis would be successful in this matter unless their primary goal is to drain Tatuaje of it's cash.